Rear Seat Finsher

itbob

Wonder if anyone can help me decide if i have been sent a faulty/wrongly made rear seat finisher.

Brand new one delivered today from westfield and the cutouts for the two centre bosses are on the widest edge (40mm wide), so when placed in positon their is about 10mm gap between the rear bulkhead and the finisher.

But when offered up using the thinest (30mm) edge it seems it would fit perfect, but cant put in place because of the centre bosses.

Any chance of someone measuring up their rear seat finisher and checking sure which edge the cutouts for the bosses are on.

Thanks

Robert

:D

DSCF0075.jpg

Are you talking about the visable gap you can see in my pic between the finisher and the carpet.

Yes.

I can put my fingers between the carpet and the finisher. Seems strange because the other way round with the thin edge on the top it would fit fine.

When the seats go right back it will bend the finisher down, you would expect the finisher to be pressing on the carpet not floating in mid air.

Might be best if i made my own if they are all like this, probably what i should of done first instead of wasting £30.

Cheers

When I dumped my locking boot box and fitted a flat cover when I fitted an RAC bar, I eased the vinyl off and made the cut-outs a bit larger so it sat a bit further back. That said, I can still get my fingers under the edge. Since I've just had the seats and carpet out to fit new rear wishones, this time I also added a press stud either side, so that the carpet stays in place, since the velcro on mine eventually starts to let the carpet sag. Now even with the gap, you definitely won't see bare ali.