Wanted: Car for next year SS

Wanted: A car for my mate Phil

He's after a very high-spec car, he'd hate it to be slower than my Megabusa!  There's no rush, as long as we get another car by february.

I'll be maintaining and servicing it, so another Megabusa would be great, but he's also interested in a CEC with a modern engine setup.

Here are the thoughts:

* Aeroscreen

* EFI

* MUST be eligible for SS  (happy to do some tweaks) preferably in same road-going class as my megabusa

* MUST be a westfield, no cheaper alternatives allowed!

* Not a V8, looking for a lighter weight car

Other than that, looking for suggestions!

In respect of budget, he's pretty flexible - its more important to get the right car.  I'd say he's probably happy to pay up to £17k

Hoo hoo, now that would be intresting, a 250bhp VX against a Busa .... Hmmm ???

What do you reckon Perksy (he says knowing full well what he will say) :D:D

or this one is a bargain Car for SS and with some tweaking could be competitive in F without emptying your bank balance  ;)  ;)

:D     :D

Afraid i couldn't possibly

comment Mate    :oops:    :devil:    :D

Go on, lets have some comments, i've not been around westfields long enough to know... how will they perform against each other?

or this one is a bargain Car for SS and with some tweaking could be competitive in F without emptying your bank balance  ;)  ;)

...and would leave over ten grand for upgrades... :cool:  :D  :xmas:  :devil:

:D     :D

Afraid i couldn't possibly

comment Mate    :oops:    :devil:    :D

Unlike you mate, having a quite day are we ???:p:D

You could spend that throwing away the vauxhall !

( Sorry, don't want to start a war, but in my albeit limited driving career the only thing that ever let me down was a 2.0 VX in a 4 year old vectra, completely cooked - oil starvation from blocked pickup )

Go on, lets have some comments, i've not been around westfields long enough to know... how will they perform against each other?

I'd put a quid on he would wipe the floor with you but then like Perksy, I'm biased :p:D

...and would leave over ten grand for upgrades... :cool:  :D  :xmas:  :devil:

...b****y hell yeah, that's only a few monkey's more than my xflow for sale.

That's not a purchase, that's a short-term investment...iyswim

Can of worms just opened :D

You could spend that throwing away the vauxhall !

( Sorry, don't want to start a war, but in my albeit limited driving career the only thing that ever let me down was a 2.0 VX in a 4 year old vectra, completely cooked - oil starvation from blocked pickup )

That's probably because it wasn't an XE engine, the newer Vectra engines are pants IMHO of course

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.