V8 Wanted

LordB

what is it about the V8.  My current 260bhp cossy is probably one the best around - but having come from TVR's I still miss the throb and sound track of all those cylinders.

Looking for a pretty good non 3.9litre with underslung exhaust - a TVR donor engined version would be utopia

Buy mine then I can build a new one  ;)

What do you want to give me for it?

Barry, I can't think of a better car than yours.  But,and I'm not been funny, its definately WAY out of my price league - as a friend I wouldnt make you an offer that would clearly not be acceptable and may offend.

I'll just have to wait for another one I can afford to come along :(

What's your budget?

It depends on how good an example it is - but my starting point is approx £12k with a definate ceiling of £15k.

BUT.......having just had a very terrifying head on collision last night (in a tin top - see main board thread) Im reviewing my future with westys altogether. Still too shocked too think at the mo.

just put my seight up for sale,excellent unmarked  example of a 3.9 serp engine westy,go to pistonheads for a look.

You have PM

Ummmmmmmmm!

Very tempted...

"Grunt" is in France at my place at the moment, I did get your PM in the Summer( What Summer!)

He has got the TVR Chimera engine fitted (265 BHP) and it sits at 3400 miles at just 4 years old.

The engine had 165 miles on it when fitted by Westfield ( Car Westfield built)

The oil is still clean enough to cook chips in. O it's also got no cat's so it goes quiet well!

I would be tempted at offers over £15500.

Then I might be able to afford Barry's Monster!

Mr Mark Stanton was the last person in it with myself in France, He will give you a good feedback on "Grunt's" condition.

If it's not to be Barry's Then I may be tempted with a Turbo "Busa" if theirs one about?

Mr G :  I'll swap you my Westifeld and Astravan (which has two new tyres!)

Very tempted.....

You seemed to have missed out the bit in your blog about the £15.000 cash as well. :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.