205 Mi16 Race/Rally/Trackday Car

BuGsBuNnY

Very reluctant sale of a well sorted, no expense spared track car. The car is extremely capable on track. Has not been used on the road for the last year, went on the trailer-to the track-back on trailer-in the garage. Absolutely reliable in the time I had it. Always treated to top quality oil, no shortcuts, no compromises. If you are thinking about quiet cruising, you are looking at the wrong car. This is noisy and harsh. The car has been lightened extensively, doors are skin only, windows are Polycarb, carbon bonnet and fibreglass boot, ll wiring removed apart from what the car needs to run.(you get the picture).

Current spec is as follows:

1990 phase 2 sunroof shell (sunroof plated 1.5mm alu sheet, 14kg saved)

Mi16 Alloy Block Engine (15K since full rebuild-everything new at rebuild)

Twin Webber 45s, Webber twin throttle linkage

Oil Cooler

Electronic rev limiter

Maniflow 4-2-1 manifold, Ashley group N full system, 98Db

Magnecor race 8.5mm HT leads With NGK plugs

Baffled Sump

205 turbo diesel radiator

Twin radiator fans (one auto, one manual)

1.6 GTI gearbox (rebuilt a year ago)

Uprated clutch (fitted 15/07/06 less than 3000 miles ago)

Gear linkage steel rose jointed, quick shift adjustable pivot

Gaz adjustable coilovers all round (less than 500 miles on them) (1.5degrees of neg camber) (Group N top mounts, new bearings)

309 wishbones

309 driveshafts

OMP strutbrace

OMP Wishbone brace

309 rear beam (wider track, uprated torsion bars, uprated anti roll bar)

Group N rear beam mounts

Quick rack

Stud conversion

Front brakes: Brembo 4 pots, Mintex 1155 pads, 206 GTI 180 Discs

Rear brakes: Standard, braided hoses, Ferodo pads

OMP 10 point welded in roll cage

Corbeau revolution buckets

3" 6 point harnesses

Carbon fibre dash

Polycarb windows

Carbon fibre automatic bonnet

Fiberglass boot cover

Carbon fibre gear knob

Fire extinguisher

OZ Superleggera 16x7"

Also to go with the car is a Haynes manual, some bits and pieces I have left, and a set of solid rear axle mounts that I haven't had time to fit yet.

£4150

215283-1.jpg

215283-2.jpg

215283-3.jpg

215283-4.jpg

215283-5.jpg

215283-6.jpg

An interesting proposition my feline friend are the belts, seats and extinguishers in date and is it MSA log booked ?

I think the extinguisher is in date, seatbelts are not, not MSA logbooked. Used as a trackday car. Will need some underbody protection if you want to rally it.

That's what I thought tbh I want something that's ready to go as I'm a lazy toad :laugh:

Nice looking/spec motor though

wouldnt have thought i would have been to much work on it Slippy, frome what I recall....

used to have a Peugeot Sport Book on how to prep for Rally using all Genuine Peugeot Sport parts.

will have a look later see if I have still got it - for example, sump gaurd is not difficult to fit and lots of second hand bits everywhere for them now.

can you tell i still miss my 205's....had three in total and loved em all!

Sump guard it literally 4 bolts and drilling of 2 holes if my memory serves me right. As for the harnesses, that's easily solved.

Nearly bought that in January when its was up for sale before!

Tis much improved now ;)

Make me an offer someone, the new toy has been purchased so this needs to go and free up some space in the garage!

• 3 weeks later...

How many BHP do you reckon this has got ?

David

I got a graph around the 198 mark but I would not bet any money that it is a true figure.

Its got plenty to go round though ;)

I remember a couple of westfields (which shall remain nameless and photographless) at Elvington dissapearing in the rear view mirror ;) Although that is not normal, it cheered me up no end :D

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.