xflow change to 1.8 zetec

dangermoose

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a 1.8 zetec to put into my widebody westy that currently has a 1700 xflow with the engine I got all the fuel management and ecu my crossflow has got twin dc40's  on it and was wondering if anyone could help with advice as to where i go from here I am fairly mechanically minded after just rebuilding my xflow. Where I need the help is what extra kit do I need! what do I do about engine mtgs. Will mt75 gearbox fit on or should i use type 9 you know all the run of the mill stuff that I haven't got a clue about where you boys have all done it before

many thanks

Chris

depends on many other factors.

MT75 should bolt straight on to Zetec. Type 9 is really only better if you are thinking about changing the gear sets/ratio in the future.

starter motor and altenator may well be different....but then again.

Exhaust and inlet manifold will be different.

Worth looking at low cut and shut sumps at this stage as well.

Depending why you ran the x flow on, but Fule pump and or high pressure pump may need uping.

1.8 you say, so the waterpump and flywheel are already done.

Westfield sell engine mounts and altenator brackets etc, use these. Might need a dipperent prop (length) as well.

Some sware by the raceline/retro ford water rails, others don't, but the colling and plumbing will require a fair few more pipes and T pieces.

Factor in RR, as a new engine will at worst need new jets in carbs, perhaps some tuning of the map as well.......all in £1500 should cover it.

sounds alot doesn't it, but Oil, coolant, filters, cam breather filters, all that rubber hose and jubalie clips, RR season......all add up.

I think Marks description *is* using your old carbs...

If looking at injection you can double the price again if using off-the-shelf parts :(

Have a look in the FAQ here too. Most of it will be relevant to your intended conversion :t-up: