Tunnel getting hot

catflap

Sorry for all the newbi questions, but im simply over the moon with my car, and want it to stay that way :)

I have just come in form a lovely back lane drive/flight ;)  and on the way home allowing the car to cool down i put my hand on the tunnel and noticed it was quite hot, is this normal?

My drive is noisy as heck and i am paranoid its on its way out, a few of you have told me its normal for them to be noisy, but have not compared it to another’s car.

Problem no 2 J

Before the drive I washed the car, to get all the squished flys off ewwww!!!, and 10 min after driving I gave it some welly on a open road, the car stuttered and coffed for a few seconds and then launched in its usual way.

Petrol was full (optimax), pulled over and air filter was dry (thought I had let water drip into carbs)!!!!!   Any suggestions?

Cheers fellars and fellarets

Catflap, dont worry about the tunnel thing. Especially noticable with bare ali panels. As for the stutter, I reckon like you say probably a bit of water somewhere. If it hasnt done it since theres a good chance thats all it was.

If it wasn't water/dampness in the carbs, then it'll be the fuel filter needs changing. Is it a BEC?

As Stu says, hot tunnel is nothing new. Coming back from Le Mans in both 2000, and this year, the tunnel on both my cars (I took a different Westfield each year) was almost too hot to touch........