Just had somone roll back into me

catflap

Fan bl**** tastic

Just had a person roll back into me on a roundabout, papping my horn at them as they rolled a good 3 foot back only to bump into my indicator.  It cracked the nose cone a little.  Can fibreglass be repaired? Of will it require a new nose cone?

Anyone know the going price of a nose cone, normal and carbon?

Carbon ones are £600 I think

Normal one £200

Go for carbon - you know you want to

P.S. Bad bl**** luck mate - haven't you just got it?

Yeh only had it a week , LOL

I have reported the incident to police as i remember the reg plate, but not hopeful itll be resolved,  trub is i cant repair it until its over.

600 squids for carbon that is expensive, is there much weight saving? Or is it just a trats item ;) (flame proof suit on) hehehe

ricdiggle our cars would look identical then :)

Carbon  yeeecccchhh!!!!!!!! Flame suit on, change name, change registration, change address, change avatar  - yup that seems to have covered everything ..... I should be able to leave the house in safety still ......

:devil:

Alternatively, how about a white nose cone, surely the factory would pay you to take one off them?

Sorry to hear about your crunch, it is amazing how car horn pumping often has no effect at all. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your bump  ???  fibreglass can be repaired quite easily and with some care will be almost undetectable afterwards....I think Haynes do a book about it...have a look in Halfords  ;)

Never mind getting it repaired, get the other ***ker to pay for a new one!

Wasn't yours a carbon nosecone painted yellow?  ;)

Picture it. Knob head in the car can hear a horn blowing, but can't see any cars anywhere near, 'cos his/her rear view mirror is empty, so he/she assumes that it's nothing to do with them..... :arse:  :arse:  :arse: I hope the police nick the moron for failing to stop after an accident. I hope he/she tells the cops that he/she failed to see or hear you, and they nick him/her for driving without due care too............

Or perhaps you might like to give them the chance to rectify the situation if it was a genuine accident which they did not realise had occurred?

Been there, in the process of getting the t-shirt, or the points/fine as the case may be...  :angry:

< /balance >

Just on the off-chance, it wasn't a coach from a Nottingham based company who's name sounds like "Kills" (which is aptly what they did to my nosecone in a similar manner).

They denied it, even had a "witness", who (a) was standing on the pavement near the coach door (work that one out) and (b) happened to work for the company as well.  :arse:  :angry:

What was the outcome Pete?

I have just spent the last hr giving a statement, so i can now get it repaired, i don’t want to fork out on a new one, but don’t want a tatty repair job.

Don’t think i can get a carbon one, as when i hand in the receipt they will want to know why i upgraded to carbon instead of a original fibre glass.

They (or rather, their driver and his "witness" denied it).

I complained to them and their insurance company.

They pointed out that I had no witnesses.

The outcome is I have a cracked nose and left cycle wing and a resolution never to use or recommend that company again.

The only silver lining was that, like yours, you could count the number of mph's involved on one finger.

find out where the coach company is and make a quick visit avec la knife.    down goes some tyres heehheheehehehehehe :devil:

knife some coach tyres and you will be in a mess! *boom* (not that i've tried it or anything) and probably not able to drive the westy for a while!!

grin and bear it, **** happens.

I left my car in 'Morry sons' car park, only to return to find a big scratch down my rear arch! i always tuck the car away too, but some retard still managed to hit me on the way into the worlds biggest space. I wouldnt have minded so much if they left a note, but are there any honest people left in the world?!? Went to ask to see there security tapes, but aparrently they are dummies...b**tards

What did you do mate? did you pay for a new one, lump it or repair it?

I cant decide what to do, the police man said get it repaired and keep the bill incase you get any return form the person responsible but I don’t hold out much hope of getting any thing form them.

Will not be happy with a repair job unless its 100% perfect (as my cone was before they rolled into me).  But at 200 notes for a new one it’s a little costly for a minor crack.