Which Seat?

originalgeezer

Hey Up Guys and Gals

Am of the thinking that i require some better seats for my, erm, cough cough shape - too many years lifting in the gym  :p

Whilst the seats i have are comfortable for normally touring about, with my shoulder width and size as soon as any hardish cornering is done, i feel almost like i am hanging out of the seat.

I have some Odyssey 2 Seats which the previous owner had only recently purchased, but they have little shoulder support for me, but very nice looking , in black with red piping. So as soon as I find something more suited to my shape these will be for sale if of interst to anyone.

So, what seats do you all have, pros and cons, suppliers of etc????

It must have some padding though, otherwise the smaller half won't come out in the car with me, was suitably unimpressed when I showed her some of the Shell Type Race Seats  :suspect:

briefly tried one, but not fixed in the car unfortunatley....but found it tight around my hips and legs.

should have mentioned, i am about 6ft, 16 stone......problem is, it not round my belly, but big shoulders, legs and back etc, which is why my question.......

but they do look nice, was hoping that when fitted in a car, they spread a little to make wider as they fit to the seat brackets, on the side?

Ive got the grp sheel seats in mine. Recently had same discussion with other half. Ive now bought some seat pads very cheaply and custom made from Jeff C's mate and they are fantastic. When they get wet they can be quickly taken out and dried off in the house....... which is nice! Something you cant do with heavier fully trimmed seats.

I found the same problem with the Westfield race seats. I've now got the MK shell seats in mine. I find them really comfortable. They don't have padding - I provide my own if you know what I mean. I recently did the London to Brighton run and found no problems with them for this longer drive.

See this thread too

What method did you use to fit them?

Adjustable brackets or ????

Are any pads available as I know she wont buy into the idea without them....

For seat pads id strongly recommend JeffC's mate anthony. I made some templates and he made them to custom fit in my Mac#1 seats. Theyare very comfortable now. Ive since had head rests made and a cover for fire extinguisher - very cheap. Ive also dropped off a template for trans tunnel cover which should be ready at the end of this week.

His prices are very competitive and he will do mail order if you supply template.

He has template for Mac#1 "Triton" seats and westfield race seats already.

What method did you use to fit them?

Adjustable brackets or ????

Are any pads available as I know she wont buy into the idea without them....

I mounted my seats on runners as supplied by MK. I found that I had to make brackets to fit the seat further back on the runner. Otherwise I wouldn't get enough leg room. But then I am 6'3".

For pads you could use JeffC's mate or you often see them on ebay.

Hi , I have a similar problem having just bought a race Westfield for mainly track days, my problem is I,m verticaly challenged (ie a short ass 5ft 2 inches) my problem is height as regards the grp seats. I have already had to reposition as regards forward position as I could,nt reach the peddles ? (spelling dont look right on that!!!) but I now find that I have to streach my neck up to see the front of the car which is not too much of a problem on the road under normal driving condition but I have a track day coming up at Croft in July and I think I might have a problem with the apex on corners. So the question is who is Jeff C and who is his mate Anthony and how do I get hold of him, excuse my ignorance but I,am new to Wscc . by the way my seats are fixes directley to the floor. while I,am here how do you get your pictures on here??

ive got shell seats to with seat pads find them comfier than westfield race seats .mikey why not lift the seats up with some ally box section and bolt straight through again

i used extra nuts on seat bolts to lift the seats up and they were solid on my busa try that first