Westy Pre-Lit Advice Wanted

dmeggs

Hi all,

First post to the forum so hello everyone! I have been reading here for ages and have been wanting a westfield for ages but never really had the cash to buy one until now.  A pre-lit popped up for sale on Piston heads the other day heres a link: CLICKY HERE

I went across to look at it tonight and all seemed fine to me.  I took a Westy owner with me who has expericen building a Seight and he seemed to think it was all OK aswell.  

My question is do you think that the car is priced correctly?  I know it  varies massively but I don't want to get totally ripped.

He's asking £3750 ono.  Do you think this is to much or abour right?

The body work is in pretty poor nick and needs alot of work to get it back upto scratch and a re-spray but apart from that the car looks a good one, to me anyway.

Appreciate your opinions!

Cheers

Dan

sounds about right but i'd still haggle. Have a look at the condition of the shocks etc as mine were shot when i got it. Mine was just a little tired when i got it. But its getting there now.

Scott

Having bought and sold a pre lit in the last couple of years, this looks reasonable value.

Don't underestimate though what you will spend on getting it up to scratch though, particularly if you are looking at a re-paint.

As has been already suggested, I'd go back with cash and have a haggle; at anything under £3.5k I don't think you can go too far wrong. At nearer £3k it looks pretty cheap.

BTW have a really good poke round the chassis round the back, some early cars are getting a bit scabby by now.

Good luck.

Rob