Calling All MT75 Gear Box Owners

It Almost Looks Like A Car

While driving along last night only hours after getting registration etc sorted, there was a sudden horrible niose from gearbox. Stopped straight away and noticed gear stick all floppy!!

Nice chap with tow truck got me last few miles home.

Just taken transmission tunnel apart and got picture below. It is taken from drivers side looking forward showing the rear of my MT75 gear box. The yellowy looking bar is the linkage to bottom of gear stick, but as you can see it has come away from gear box.

10971.jpg

There is a hole in the bar in the black rubber gater but in is horizontal, so pin on gear linkage won't drop in...

So questions is what has fallen off...?  if anyone has a pic of this area to post I would be most gratefull.

There is supposed to be a block (metal outside with a rubber insert with a vertical hole in it) that is attached to the bar in the rubber gator with a pin (that goes through the horizontal hole that you have found) and a curclip/R clip thing holds it in place... With out the clip the whole thing could fall apart.

Thanks Michael, That sounds promising...did have a quick look along the road where it happend last night but could'nt see anything.

I was just glad it was'nt something I did'nt attach properly fell off...oh yes and that it was almost dark when recovery man dropped me and car off so neighbours did'nt see!!!!

As the engine and gear box is new from wf, and I've only done 220 miles with it, a quick call to Mark and parts dept at the factory tomorrow might be in order!!!!