Zetec fan belt

Mike Lloyd

Probably a daft question but I have moved the alternator (70amp zetec) to the inlet side of the engine. Which belt do I need? It is a 2.0l silvertop.

Thanks

Mike

It will depend on what alternator bracket set up you're using but mine is a 6pk900,  as there is only a small amount of adjustment finding the right belt is a bit tricky, try using a piece of string around the pulleys to measure the length and then find a simpathetic motor factor who'll let lo try diffrent sizes. :)

I'm running a 925 on mine, which is a 2000 car with the Westfield alternator bracket and recommended alternator on a silver top.

Best to do as Doug says and try and measure the length of the run.

Kevin

Thanks chaps.

I'm using a Tiger bracket, looks like its a bit of string and a trip to the motor factors then  :D