Westfield SEiW - 1990 - 2.0 pinto

SteveRST

Edit: 19 June '07.   CAR NOW SOLD  :) & :(

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  __

Just bought another fun car so the Westy has to go :(

- Westfield SEiW - 1990 - 20,000 miles.

- £4,995

- 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax.

- Don't like the white stripe? No worries it is easily removed - just sticky vinyl - I like it though!

This is an ideal car for someone looking for their first '7' type sports car, and just in time for Summer too!! A real head turner! I've just serviced it and fitted new rear tyres, and it has 12 months MOT (14 May 2008) and 6 months Tax. ALL READY TO GO FOR A SUMMER OF FUN MOTORING!!

- It is the 'wide body' model which means that the cockpit is slightly wider and longer, ideal for the taller person. (I'm only 5'6" and fits me fine too though).

- It is the 'Independent Rear Suspension' model which is more popular and reconed to give a smoother ride over the rough and less-than-perfect roads that we have.

- The engine is a 2.0 litre Ford 'Pinto' fitted with a mild Kent performance cam shaft. It breathes through Twin Weber '40' carbs with K&N filters. Lumenition electrionic ignition has been fitted, which repaces the standard 'points' type ignition. It has a light-weight alloy RS2000 sump and light-weight alloy gearbox bell housing.

- The Gearbox is Ford 'Type 9' 5-speed - ideal for motorway cuising. Differential is Ford 'english' open diff housed inside a light-weight alloy Westfield housing. Exhaust silencer was fitted just last year and is a large stainless item, which is re-packable.

- The car had new power-coated front wishbones fitted last summer, and has the 'RAC spec' rollover bar which is a sensible safety upgrade over the standard item. The mechanical fuel pump has been replaced with a Facet electric pump.

- Car comes with Side Screens (doors) and toneau cockpit cover, as well as the build manual, hayes manual and a folder of receipts. I will also supply the original larger headlights.

- A very easy car to work on, and parts easily obtainable - running gear, engine, gearbox and brakes are all Ford!

- Just serviced (28 April) with oil, filter, spark plugs and new rear tyres. MOT for 12 months (14 May 2008). Taxed until end October 2007.

BAD POINTS:

- engine cover (bonnet) has light damage and some cracks. See pic. Also small scratch on rear wheel arch. These do not detract appearance much IMO and I have been happy to leave as it it. This happened when I forgot to secure bonnet properly and it flew off. Doh!

FULL SPEC:

- Westfield SEiW 1990. 20,000 miles.

- Powder coated chassis with new front wishbones.

- 2.0 Pinto with Kent cam.

- Twin 40 weber carbs.

- Large stainless re-packable exhaust. 4 branch exhaust manifold.

- Lumenition electronic ignition.

- Twin throttle cable linkage.

- 5-speed gearbox.

- alloy light-weight sump and bell housing.

- Spax adjustable suspension.

- Seats on runners... suit drivers of any size.

- alloy wheels. TSW 5-spokes. 14 inch. 195/60 tyres.

- Facet electric fuel pump and Filter King pressure regulator.

- Westfield Seats with removeable head-rests.

- RAC spec rollover bar.

- 4 point harnesses.

- 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax.

I have enjoyed this car for 3 years, but I have bought another fun car and the Westy has to go to pay for it! An ideal opportunity at a great price, just in time for the summer.

FOR MORE PICS, SEE MY SITE: WESTY FOR SALE

Contact STEVE. 07956 144 830. steve_tease@lycos.co.uk

i am in Chessington, surrey. Near surbiton/Kingston.

No part exchanges. No test pilots.

PICT3308_JPG.jpg

PICT3310_JPG.jpg

PICT3311_JPG.jpg

PICT3312_JPG.jpg

PICT3314_JPG.jpg

PICT3301_JPG.jpg

PICT3305_JPG.jpg

PICT3306_JPG.jpg

PICT3318_JPG.jpg

PICT3326_JPG.jpg

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
SOLD

I trust it was bought because of the fetching and practical roll bar? :)

Andy

Andy

Looks who's talking  :D

Yes Andy - I am sure that the roll bar (with your special 'helmet hoops'©) secured the deal, LOL!  :)

Got myself an elise now elise_icon.jpg but I'm sure I'll be back to Westys again.

Andy

Looks who's talking  :D

That's actually the roll bar off my first Westfield Al :)

Andy

D'oh, forgot you're a serial silly rollbar fanatic!

Welcome to Westfieldless of Wiltshire!

Welcome to Westfieldless of Wiltshire!

Hmm...yeah. It was surprisingly easy in the end. Hey ho!

Andy

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.