Lower wishbone for narrow body

lewey

Bent it this weekend at Shelsley.  Hoping there are a few out there as people seem to be upgrading to widetrack left right and centre!  Nearside required if they are handed, which I can't decide with a quick look this evening.  Thanks.

depends on year of chassis, but narrow and wide can be same at front  :)  ;)

Thanks for the heads up on eBay sedsy.  I will observe it, but would still prefer just the one!

Chassis is 1990.  I thought they might be the same as wides, hence the widetrack fever.  Can you confirm?

Early type wishbone then. IIRC the 'wide' bones will fit (which would have the two bolt balljoints), but ideally you would need a pair...

Probably best to bite the bullet and go for the later Maxi balljoint type wishbones. After about 90/91 they are all the same whether it's wide or narrow. The early Cortina balljoint wishbones are like hens teeth now but the Maxi version are much more avaialable.

Crash

OK. One more question remains.  I want to keep my upper wishbones as they are customised with rose joints and I like them.  Are the newer lower wishbones the same or very similar length as the older ones- i.e. the same, but for maxi ball joints?

I have a narrow sei (89 chassis) with 4 bolt ball joints and have held some new type 2 bolt ones underneath mine and the dimensions look spot on. The top ones however were miles off compared with mine.

Thank you for this.   Just what I needed to know.  I have all the facts I need.  

Just need to get the wishbones now.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.