vauxhall red top

darryl

Hi new to this got me a westfield in the winter and now using her took my mate out and he is striken could do with bit of help he has spotted a westy on pistonheads with a vauxhll vx 2Ltr red top engine out of a calibra are these any good as most seem to have zetec etc. bit of help on this would be appreciated.

Welcome mate

Red Top is a cracking engine it's cheap, 156bhp as standard (I think) and very tuneable. There a couple of nice 'Red Top' powered Westy's for sale at the moment I very own JeffC has a belter for sale what ever he chooses to buy this sites search facility and members will be able to answer most if not all your questions and preferably I would buy a members car as you can check it's history etc again by using the search function and it's more than likely been cherished.

Thanks slippy I have made a note of your advice and will inform my mate have you had any dealings with jeff cooper cars as my mate is considering one from there?

Numerous dealings ;)

Jeff is an local member and a mate of mine so I am probably biased but he is a stand up genuine sort of a chap who has sold numerous Westy's in his time and introduced numerous new members to the club, give him a buzz or drop him a mail and have a chat with him, if it's the orange one he's looking at it's a peach ;)

Thanks for that and I am sure there will be more questions I could do with help on as time goes by just getting a grip of this forum and how it works going for a coffee now but will check later ;)

he is a stand up genuine sort of a chap

oh shucks  :blush:  :blush:

remind me to buy you a pint  :D  :D  :D

Don't get carried away son I was referring to your business ethos nothing else ;)

of course you were  ;)

Hi Darryl

Welcome to the nut house...............

See you're in Melton: just about to move into Kirby Bellars so we'll be neighbours.  That nasty yellow camera in the middle of town might mean there'll be an exceptionally clean 3 year old Westie on the market soon with a 2L Zetec in it.  PM me if you're interested and I'll give you more details.

Tony

Hi Tony camera in good spot on busy day you would be lucky to get above 20 mph but if clear after lights keep foot off the throttle in a westy.My mate might be interested obviously down to him no commitment have you further details so can pass on to him.

Thanks and welcome to the area I used to live in Kirby about twenty years ago.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.