• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asterix

• davidgh

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• cast iron

Yes - IBs and no screens (mostly)

True  --  but no X-plies this year!

However, if I might direct your attention to the smaller-engined class (C4), where more of the WSCC people run on 1B tyres  --  first and third for the WSCC boys.

Also worth noting that 8th and 9th were both WSCC drivers on 1A tyres.

All in all, not such a bad day for the non-Ca**r***s  :)

ok all, can anyone explain something to me ?

At Cadwell, young Simon Wing was driving stupidly fast as ever in his Jedi, and came in at sixth overall on the day with a time of 78.68 seconds.

He did not make the top 12 run off despite being fast enough because he does not have a national A license (was the same story at Croft on Easter Monday).

So how come he did not win the Nat-B FTD ? Pleased that Richard got it for a storming drive in class H of course, just confused is all.

He didn't make the top 12 run off because he wasn't registered in the British Sprint Championship, and not because of his licence statut, you do, however, need a Nat A licence to enter the British Sprint.

I agree, he should have won the Nat B FTD

I raised this with Neville after the awards ceremony. He undertook to verify Simon's licence status and, if appropriate, send Simon an apol accompanied by pot & bubbles.

I was speaking to him at the event and I think it might be because he was registered as a British Sprint Junior competitor and the organisers may then have lumped him in with the Nat A guys. Whether they were right I am not sure.

Mind is you see how Tom Potter with an 1000cc Jedi gets a 75.71 in the run-off, we should all be selling the cars and buying one of the grown up "karts" :D:D:D