What could be better...

davidgh

Top four in class H covered by 0.25s over 80 odd seconds, incredible. Congratulations to Richard, Commiserations to Tel, Del and Mr. Tomlinson.

I still do not understand the dynamics of sprinting. How come a 5 litre Panzerwagen beats a Busa round a kart track on Saturday, but succumbs on a high-speed track on Sunday?

Answers, on a postcard, to Stella Artois, Belgium.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asterix

• davidgh

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• cast iron

wouldnt have had money on that outcome   ??? I reckon Tommo must have skipped his breakfast this morning   :D

but what a weekend for it  :cool:

not jealous  :mad:  :oops:  :sheep:

Having a car with a clutch.......... :(

Looked like a fantastic day, did Smithy get 2nd ftd on his last T12 runnoff?????

Wish i could have been playing, still got some OK photos...

Wish i could have been playing, still got some OK photos...

Post some up nanas

Great Day, Marangonis came to life after some last minute tweaking of pressures at 3 slappers. Swapping data logging files with the marmalade crew certainly showed me where to try harder and it was just a case of hanging onto 3rd a bit longer on the start finish straight, result 3 seconds quicker than in practice :love:

C0mmiserations to Geof Barker, hope you get it sorted soon?  :0

How come a 5 litre Panzerwagen beats a Busa round a kart track on Saturday, but succumbs on a high-speed track on Sunday?

Simple really, the three guys in front of me have massive bo**ocks when it comes to the turn in at coppice.

Big respect to Richard and Terry in their first season on slicks. Terry, you are a god, making up the time with limited top speed, and Rich, congrats on your nat "B" FTD, a great drive. I have no problems being beaten by quality.

Thanks to Del & Ash &  everyone who helped me get the car going in the afternoon. To Ash also for interpreting my data and making me realise what a nunney I am through Coppice  :durr:

Fabulous day.

I went 8.5 secs faster than last year :t-up:

Trouble is, so did everyone else :mad:  :D

Great fun.

Thanks for the sun cream Jon.

[simple really, the three guys in front of me have massive bo**ocks when it comes to the turn in at coppice.

Thanks Tommo - The bo**oks took some finding though!!  But given how close it was I think we all found them for that last run :D

I think it is going to be a great season in class H, only it looks like it will be some time before we all meet again. Next run for me is Aintree, although I think I will be on my own in class H from what I read in a previous posting  :(  

Andy - Hope you get your clutch fixed soon

Richard

Fabulous weekend. Top paddock banter and commardary as usual. 2 days of good sport in nice weather. Bettered my previous times at the same venues by huge amounts ans till get beat! Well done to Stuart Hill (fantastic drive mate!) and Cast Iron!...again  :down:  Beware though - the winter rustiness is nearly gone and I have now discovered how to release my handbrake :p

The best part was being home by 6:30 and still being able to mow the lawns for the weekend!

John

Fantastic Weekend all round at both three slaps and Cadwell.

First time there for me at both. Fantastic organisation at three sisters especially. Big thanks for all the advice from those more experienced. Well done to all.

Managed to better my own time by 5secs by the end of the day so cant complain i suppose.

Mark

Top sunday @ cadwell for me and Kev. Comiz to Geoff Barker. Managed to do Coppice in top flat as well but am guess it's "slightly" slower than the H's.

Other than Mr R's unassailable bird, I think that MarkW's blade beat me (by 9 whole 100th's, mutter, mutter) but I (think) I got in front of Stewart's blade.

On the scrounge for a full set of times/ am about to phone the organisers. Great to meet new and old faces and I finally managed to help someone solve an engineering problem (even if it was only MarkA's ezup gazebo :D )

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Roll on Aintree.

The times / results will be posted to you in a day or so. I wouldnt ring the organisers, especially the day after if your dont want to nark them....

Great Day, Marangonis came to life after some last minute tweaking of pressures at 3 slappers. Swapping data logging files with the marmalade crew certainly showed me where to try harder and it was just a case of hanging onto 3rd a bit longer on the start finish straight, result 3 seconds quicker than in practice :love:

C0mmiserations to Geof Barker, hope you get it sorted soon?  :0

Hi Mark,

Sounds like a great day, I wish I had entered now!!  :down:  What happened to Geoff?? Hope it's not too bad and that he's ok?!

Cheers,

Jason