• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Stoneleigh Convoy

Glen H

Ok guys its Time to start the ball rolling for the trip to Stoneleigh - initial thought at the moment  

7:45am at Knutsford services (southbound) leaving at 8.00 sharp, please make sure you have a full tank before you set off from here so we're all on the same fuel strategy  

Netx stop at Stafford Services - ONLY if people confirm they will meet here, this will be around 8:30 and will only be a 5min in stop  

Yes I know its early, but that way we can have a quiet run on the M/way and we will miss the worst of the queue's at the show -  according to Multimap it takes around 1hr 45min from Knutsford and allowing time for Stafford etc, if you leave it later you could find yourself queuing up for half an hour or more to get in.

If you want to meet us anywhere else en-route then let us know and we can arrange which service areas to drive through.

finaly - I believe halfords have a sale on Tents - so get down there, stop at the off licience on the way back for the 24 pack and bottle of JD and have a good social event :t-up:

Glen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glen H

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• scott beeland

• carpetstu

I'll be ready and waiting at Knutsford :cool:

But I might need more than 5 minutes at Stafford to fill up again :oops:

Takes a loooong time to fill the big tank up :laugh:

As Glen says... Go buy a tent; some beers and a chunk of cow....Those of you that don't stay ALWAYS miss a cracking social night...

Your AO's have spoken :devil:

and a chunk of cow....

Thats for your BBQ - not what some of you are thinking  :D  :D

How do you fancy picking up the Cannock Area chaps on your way past?

Perhaps a drive through pickup at Hilton Services, which is easier for us to meet to the south bound as we can get on at J11?

I will poll the club members for numbers and repost to the thread.

7:45am sounds good, i'd rather have an early start than que for ages.

Glen - Knutsford

Scott - Knutsford

Kirk - Knutsford

if you leave it later you could find yourself queuing up for half an hour or more to get in.

what about going down the day before then we can have an extra nights partying, & No queues a late start in the afternoon?

Just a thought. I don't know if the show ground will let us in the night before but I can't see it as a problem

Buzz

I don't think I'd survive 2 nights :0

Si; Michelle and the Disco bus are going on the Saturday. Plenty of people do so won't be a problem

How do you fancy picking up the Cannock Area chaps on your way past?

Perhaps a drive through pickup at Hilton Services, which is easier for us to meet to the south bound as we can get on at J11?

I will poll the club members for numbers and repost to the thread.

Pew

Hilton park is en-route - I would imagine if we leave Stafford at 8:35 we would be at Hilton park for 9.05 - no exact science on the timing but based on approx 27 miles according to Multimap - As we want to reduce the time taken on pick-ups etc and get to the show early - it would be helpful if you could arrange the Cannock Crew to be ready and waiting for a drive through pick up from 9.00am we can always chat etc once at the show.  :t-up:

Yup sounds like a plan.

I have a few names together including myself but will continue to collate. We have a club meeting Sunday so can discuss further then.

Will confirm back to you as we get closer to the date.

Lancashire crew will be at Knutsford for 7.45 Glen we had already disscussed an earlier start it was a nightmare getting in last year  :D  :D  :D

Lancashire crew will be at Knutsford for 7.45 Glen we had already disscussed an earlier start it was a nightmare getting in last year  :D  :D  :D

Nice one Steve  :t-up:  :t-up:  be good to see the Lancs lot

Bear in mind that on warm dry sunny days - stoneleigh sure brings out the crowds and this can often lead to long traffic jams, particularly around mid-morning on both Sunday and Monday  ;)  ;)  ;) from about 10.30 onwards  ;)  ;)

:sheep: The wife has just looked at the calender and its a bank holiday weekend. She says that is a weekend reserved for visiting the caravan in wales. :(

:devil: So she is off to the caravan with the kids and dogs and I'm waiting at Hilton park services at 9.05 with the westie and a tent.  :D  :D  :D

:sheep: The wife has just looked at the calender and its a bank holiday weekend. She says that is a weekend reserved for visiting the caravan in wales. :(

:devil: So she is off to the caravan with the kids and dogs and I'm waiting at Hilton park services at 9.05 with the westie and a tent.  :D  :D  :D

Dont forget to fill up while you are there :D

Bear in mind that on warm dry sunny days - stoneleigh sure brings out the crowds and this can often lead to long traffic jams, particularly around mid-morning on both Sunday and Monday  ;)  ;)  ;) from about 10.30 onwards  ;)  ;)

Aiming to be there for 10.00am - if we manage to stick with the timetable  :suspect:

ooooh 10000 posts alert :t-up:  :t-up: Ooop's I mean 1,000  :blush: