The European Kit car Show

markcoopers

Wakey wakey all you sleepy winter people. Spring is here and the Kit car show season starts with;

The European Kit car Show over the weekend of 14-15th April, kent county showground, Detling Kent.

The show is open from 10am to 5pm each day, £8 for adults, £2 for children, 13y and under. However drive your Westfield down and you can go free.

The show promises the normal mix of inductry, trade and clubs, but also a daily stunt show.

I've aranged for an outside area (20 cars), but a quick post/reply to let me guage numbers would be a help.

Also if any member wants to place their car for the entire show inside on a stand, then please get in touch. 2 cars can be accomodated, but they need to be on the stand from 8.30am Saturday to 5.00pm Sunday.

Lastly, any volunteer for handing out club membership leaflets/merchandise? or marking out the Club stand, we have flags and banners :t-up:  ???

Hi mate

I will be there, what day is everyone going? and is anyone meeting anywhere in the kent area to get there??

Thanks Stampy

I hope to be there Saturday as I live not too far from Detling so I shall come and say hi and have a good look, am going to start a westy soon (next few months) if things go to plan.

• 2 weeks later...

should be there tomorrow about 11am :p

8 of us from Surrey went in a convoy and met up with our resident 'outsiders' from Kent and a couple of members who couldn't be ar**d to get up early enough for the convoy! IT WAS WARM FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AT DETLING.

A very pleasant day out and a good (and encouraging ) chat with Westfield in the shape of Steve Allen - thanks for your time Steve. The drive home in the hot sunshine was great too!

MMmmmmm doughnuts  - 6 for £3.00 and they were woppers .......

Edited to say that 'I know whoppers is spelt with an H 'but I just hasd to drop something ...  :down:

No PROn I'm afraid, but thanks to the brave, brave chaps that today battled the foul weath....

Wait a moment! The weather was fantastic...      at Detling... What the hell happened there then?  :D

jc

b*******, he beat me to it!

a couple of members who couldn't be ar**d to get up early enough for the convoy

Don't know who your referring too!!!

Nice day at the show today, weather cound not have been better!  Manage to take a couple of pics, not of the Westfields though.

10540.jpeg

10541.jpeg

Still got a soft spot for these old Fords  :cool:  :cool:

At least there was an XI in the backround!

dont know if theres any intrest but here are some pics i did from the show

clicky for picy

if you want to see a bigger copy just let me know the file name as i had to resize them all to get them on my webbie