fast big engined saloon

windy

OK I feel a bit like the team on top gear!

I am trying to find a big luxo barge for £200 or less, preferably with a stonking big engine V6, V8 or V12 to transport 4 people in comfort reliably to Nice in July.  It's for the Crumball rally. Must have valid MOT & preferably tax.

On my list at the moment:

164 V6 Alfa Romeo

7 series BMW

5 series BMW

Volvo

24v Senator

Carlton

I anyone knows someone that has a good car they want rid of please let me know? I don't fancy taking a gamble off ebay just yet :D

There's a nice senator and 735i on autotrader at the min, dunno where in the country you are but they might be worth a look.

you could also look at the scorpio, ugly car but who cares  :laugh:

What about a Saab turbo? Plenty in your price range on Autotrader  :t-up:

What about a Saab turbo? Plenty in your price range on Autotrader  :t-up:

No John they have gearboxes made of plasicine :D  :p

Well what do you expect for £200 you tight git!  :p

I have also just been looking at Rover 827's on autotrader. Cheap as chips!

Also worth visiting some main dealers and asking what cheap trade ins they want shot of.

No John they have gearboxes made of plasicine

Naah. Not having that. My manual turbo 900 had done 240,000 miles on its box when I sold it, 50,000 of those were mine with a bigger turbo, remap and about 270bhp.

I recently bought a pristine(ish) 535i with leather, aircon, leccy sunroof, heated mirrors, working trip computer etc. for £300.

It's a dream :D love it to bits (bit thirsty though at 20mpg if I'm gentle)

Thought of a Toyota Supra? - they can be bought for your budget

Windy,

guy at my work is selling a 730 beemer, just been MOT'd last week or so. New brakes etc £200

it looks ok???????

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey Windy you are going to be travelling in luxury,........ our Crumball vehicle is a Vauxhall Calibra, all flames and air horns.. if we get too cramped can I scrounge a lift  :D   :D   :D   :D

When are you travelling out?

Perhaps we should swop some details and have a start night beer  :p   :p

Have you been on the Crumball forum?

Cam

Blimey Windy you are going to be travelling in luxury,........ our Crumball vehicle is a Vauxhall Calibra, all flames and air horns.. if we get too cramped can I scrounge a lift  :D   :D   :D   :D

When are you travelling out?

Perhaps we should swop some details and have a start night beer  :p   :p

Have you been on the Crumball forum?

Cam

Yes I'm hoping it's going to remain a motorised sofa all the way to Nice, fingers crossed it doesnt break down.  Plenty of room in the car for you & there will be a fridge full of drink keeping cool in the massive trunk if you want to take it :D

Sounds like you've not thought things through fully :angry:  :p

We are hoping to return to the UK with the car & scrap it here. The chinese are giving £55 a ton so its defo a big heavy car to go in because you'll get more money for it as scrap.

Like your idea for a paint scheme. We've yet to choose a theme for ours. Yes been watching the web forum but not been brave enough to post on there yet. :D

Oi..........Mr Teamleader..........what's wrong with our luxury Calibra  :p  ;)  and no you can't cadge a bl**** lift!  (me & Dawnie can do that!!!! :p  :p  :p )

But......yes ..........a start right beer does sound a good idea!!!!!! :p  :p  :p  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.