• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Type 9 5-Speed Gearbox

Gazza

Type 9 5-Speed gearbox. 2.8 litre V6 Version.

Excellent condition and functionally perfect.

3.36:1 first gear ratio. Has the shortened input shaft, so that it will mate to a Ford engine using the same bellhousing and therefore be a straight swap for a 2.0litre 5-speed or the RS2000 4-speed.

For those not in the know: this is the heavier duty Ford 5-speed with closer ratio's and a higher torque capacity than the more common '2 litre' 5-speed. Standard fitment in Caterhams for a long time, tho they kept the longer input shaft.

I'm using the modified gearstick for a SC/CR gearbox, but im sure i can find a standard gearstick to include with it.

Will post pics this weekend, tho it may be towards Sunday evening.

I live near Brighton but often travel to South Wales and Bucks/Berkshire plus Derbyshire from time-to-time.

Looking for £120-ish

Many thanks,

Gary

07984 572 570

PS

WATCH THIS SPACE ..... because i've also got an identical v6 5-speed with the original LONG SHAFT on my racking. Will fish it out this weekend ...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.