What do I need to film in car footage

a4gom

i will 2nd that!! just bought a system from them at the autosport show just buy sd cards for storage - quality is fantasic designed for outdoor sports IE cars, bikes etc.. water proof, vibration proof, filters for lens in fact all replacement stuff is available should you trash it accidently, i bought extended battery life pack too car charger kit and is well impressed..  :t-up:

This is the system I use although my camera is a newer version. Plus it's a really handy guide to setting it up. :)

http://www.mycaterham.com/66828/44306.html

This is the result. Although heavily compressed for t'internet it's still pretty good. Straight off the camera and into the TV and it's fantastic. :D

http://myspacetv.com/index.c....1105692

One tip though, keep the mic out of the wind or the noise will make it unwatchable!

This is the system I use although my camera is a newer version. Plus it's a really handy guide to setting it up. :)

http://www.mycaterham.com/66828/44306.html

This is the result. Although heavily compressed for t'internet it's still pretty good. Straight off the camera and into the TV and it's fantastic. :D

http://myspacetv.com/index.c....1105692

One tip though, keep the mic out of the wind or the noise will make it unwatchable!

I've got one of them, just that it's attached to one of these143RC(gr).jpg

Fast Films do a good beginners guide to filming HERE

They also offer WSCC discount and do a good range of products.

Nothing to do with me except a satisfied customer.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone tried 4kam? www.4kam.co.uk

I invested in one of their 'switcher' kits at the start of the year - in fact, I ordered it on New years day.

Mixed feelings so far. First off, the delay from ordering through to arriving at home was quite some time, with the only correspondance in the mean time being a paypal receipt.

Then, I discovered that of the bullet camera's was playing up. I tried to get in touch with them via their 'enquiries' form on their webpage, and heard diddlysquat back.

Then tried via email, and got a response. They suggested swapping various components (which I had already tried), and to let them know what the problem was, and they would send a replacement out ASAP. So I emailed back, to let them know that I had gone through that very process, and it was definately the camera (good job I ordered the switcher package, which comes with two of everything...). Hardly surprisingly, they said that they rarely have trouble with the cameras, and if I could send it back to them, they would get it replaced. I asked how my postage costs would be re-funded, to which it was suggested they would make the difference up by throwing in a couple of camera 'sucker' brackets. I agreed to that, so I sent the camera back on the 13th of this month, and haven't heard anything back since...!

The kit itself is easy enough to use - and offers great flexibility, far more so than having to look after a 'full-size' camera. I am still running my kit on batteries ATM, but everything can be converted to run off the cars power supply. I think this would be necessary to grab a full days track footage, as the recording box wouldnt last the course otherwise. The microphone is not very sensitive at all, which is a good thing in something that makes lots of noise, with no roof. In order to get a good engine sound with my winter experiments, I have actually now mounted the mic under the engine bay next to the TB's in the Astra, and it gives an awesome sound! The recording box has now been updated since I obtained my kit, which looks to be easier to use, and a better bit of kit. A 256mb SD card lasts about 15mins on 'quality' recording, but a 2gig will probably hold a days action :t-up:

I'll try and put up a bit of footage later. In summary, I am chuffed with the package, but IME at least, the customer service is a tad wobbly...  :t-up: