Supercharger + lots of bits

itguy

Hi Everyone

As some of you may know I'd been planning a supercharger upgrade on my Zetec but I've decided to stick with the throttle bodies and just concentrate on getting the megasquirt tuned properly and enjoying the car. I may have another go at this in the future but not right now, want to have fun instead of being in the garage :)

So - lots of pics of where I'm at and a list of the stuff on offer:

We have

1x Eaton M45 supercharger straight out of a factory delivery milage mini cooper S

2x 2.5" 90 degree elbow rubber hoses

1x Rover 600 Turbo inlet manifold with air temp sensor

1x Rover 600 Turbo Throttle Body with KN filter

4x Rover 600 Turbo injectors (not tested)

1x Rover 600 Turbo injector loom

1x Rover 600 Turbo fuel rail + pressure reg + hose/connector for other end of fuel rail

1x custom (by me) plenum chamber - fits under the w/f bonnet (needs finishing)

1x custom adaptor plate made from aluminium (about 4 or 5mm thick) for bolt pattern of rover inlet to zetec head

1x additional water pump pulley (brand new, ford item) to drive the supercharger

1x small alternator as fitted by loads of peeps on here (can't remember the type without going and looking)

1x mock up bracket for holding it under exhaust

1x mock up bracket (or could be used with a bit of TLC) for holding the supercharger on the inlet side of the engine

1x BMW gasket for output of supercharger at bottom

various stainless jubliees bought for this application

1x VDO 'turbo' gauge, I was going to use this whilst setting up and maybe after too

1x VAG 1.8T air bypass valve (vac operated) to relieve the superchager on closed throttle

various bits of hose for air bypass and gauge

3x screw in (1/4 BSP) fittings for vaccum source

1x Idler pulley from VAG 2.4 engine to help with belt coverage on the supercharger

So as you can see I've been collecting various bits and bobs to get this finished, but some things need doing before it will be a go-er for anyone, these being;

Inlet and outlet adaptor plates for the supercharger (have seen these on ebay quite cheap if you're not handy with a welder)

Possibly a decompression plate (Ferriday Engineering) depending on who you talk to and what you read

Suitable belts

Finish fabrication of inlet plenum

suitable throttle cable (or modify your own)

Charge cooler system / intercooler if you wish (again, depending on what you read this is/is-not required)

Careful fuel+spark mapping after install :D

So.... anyone up for a winter challenge and to show me up for wimping out?

Really unsure as to what this lot is worth - If I can get back what I've paid out I'll be happy, and thats £300 all in (alternator / charger / bypass / gauge / fittings / hoses / throttle body / injectors / rail / manifold etc etc)

Pics;

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Call me if you need to discuss or want more info 07971 224839 or email will.legge@dsl.pipex.com

I will refrain from putting this on locostbuilders.co.uk for a few days and then after there tis fleebay :(

Cheers

Will.

bl**** hell Will, wish I'd got the money and I'd be straight round there to take it all of your hands.

John

just forget the silly aeroscreen idea and get more power  :p

quite difficult to predict really, and is dependant on the pulley size too.

When I worked out the pulley sizes the stock mini one that is currently fitted to it is exactly correct in ratio terms to the extra water pump pulley that I've mentioned above - when I say its 'exactly the right size', eaton's max recommended revs for the charger is found at about 8000 engine RPM with the setup here.

BTW, I'm more than happy to sketch out how I was going to do the install (plumbing etc) if anyone is interested too.

Also - the Rover 600 Turbo injectors / throttle body were good for a 200hp (factory standard) car, that regularly got chipped to 240hp with the same injectors/TB so should be ok in this application unless you are going 2ltr (but then the efficiency of the supercharger drops anyway)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.