car prices and future

never fear

I have a TVR Cerbera and TVR has closed down in the UK

I now have a megabusa aswell and if Westfield closed that'd be two cars i own with no factory left

Do i care?

Not at all, my eyes are open, nearly all cars you lose money short and long term. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't buy a car and put the money in the bank.

If you buy them, enjoy them :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• Mark Stanton

• JeffC

• pistonbroke

My car was bought 3 years ago 2nd hand and was  6 months old when purchased from the original owner / builder .

I have receipts for the build costs amounting to over  £16K  

The price I paid was £11.5K it is probably worth the same price at todays values

The true cost to me  is priceless from the point of smiles per mile .

It is most definatley not for sale .

my advice is , if you see the car you like , buy it and enjoy it . Its the only way you will find out what ownership is really like .

Or perhaps you are just another member of the Westfield Wheeltapper's Club    :t-up:

Or perhaps you are just another member of the Westfield Wheeltapper's Club    :t-up:

Is that a gay support group?  ???  :p  :p  :D  :D

I think your in the wrong room !

That would be the robin hood  crossply testers ( affiliated ) :p

I have lost money on my Westy since the moment I walked into Westfield, do I care? Not a tootle..... I enjoy it , the car was bought to have fun and I enjoy improving it.

When and if I should decide to sell it I won't think about how much I have lost but how much fun I have had and all the people I have met through it.

If you are worried about loosing money put the bu@@er in the bank, if you want some fun you will have to pay for it  :D  :D

Even if Westfield went bust tomorrow I doubt it would affect residuals very much, by definition they are cars that end users can repair / service themselves mostly without the need for a factory to supply parts etc so there's not really the same concern that there would be compared to some marques, and more importantly there is a healthy kit car market out there for similar cars all the way from Robin Hoods to Caterhams, so unless that whole market shifted downwards as well, I can't ever see a Westie being worth less than say an equivalent MK Indy etc even if the manufacturer no longer existed.

Bought a brand new Ford Focus C Max in Febuary!!!!

for £13275 :D ......

Sold it for £10,300 in November :( .

Bought a Westfield Seight  TVR engined this month :p !!!!!

£xx,xxx :)

Ask me if I'm bovvered! :p

of course in 5 to 10 years time when *all the oil has run out/global warming/political expediency/world war 3 these cars will no longer be allowed on the roads and will be banned thus making them all worthless.

*delete based on your own doomsday scenario.

I have lost money on my Westy since the moment I walked into Westfield, do I care? Not a tootle..... I enjoy it , the car was bought to have fun and I enjoy improving it.

When and if I should decide to sell it I won't think about how much I have lost but how much fun I have had and all the people I have met through it.

If you are worried about loosing money put the bu@@er in the bank, if you want some fun you will have to pay for it  :D  :D

you havn't lost any money ........... sure you have spent money ,but you have not lost any.

:) how did you do that Scott ?  ;)

Do what??

work out wot car he'd bought  ! ( with C/F front arches perhaps ?)