car prices and future

never fear

have been having 2nd thoughts on the westy as im not sure of the future of westfield. do you think the prices are going to drop as people are thinking the same as me a wont buy or is this the calm before the storm?

i asume the price of the new kits are going to rise to pull back some cash. any inside news?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• Mark Stanton

• JeffC

• pistonbroke

So what has made you post such a comment then Mr Patterson  ???  ???  ???  ???

i dont want to spend my cash on something thats going to be worth jack s**t in a couple of years because the manufacturer has been broken up and sold off. it all looks good now when they say they are going to develope more products but it has been known that business put up a smoke screen to continue getting the sales.

mr patterson? why the use of my name like that?

I cant see how it would make a difference and if it did would it matter  ??? I may have this wrong but  my westy is the only thing In my life that I dont ( or dare not  :blush:  ) look at finacialy, If I scrapped my car tomorrow the fun Ive had in it I would have had my moneys worth  out of it  :t-up:  :t-up:  :durr:

a wise man once say live for today worry about tomorrow tomorrow    ;)  :t-up:

I believe the same man  also said that answering a phone is like making love to a beautiful woman   :blush:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Perhaps it would be prudent for you to speak with the new management team at Westfield direct, they are approachable and understanding  ;)  :D all you gotta do is call  ;)

Mr Patterson .............. I address many posters in such a way with their surnames ......... a search will reveal such  ;)  :D

Apologies if you feel it is insulting to use your name  :(

fine if you have had your car for years and had the moneys worth. but how happy would you be if you spent 10k the lost 5k in 2 years? if you have a million in the bank then fair enough. but do you, and i dont.

So who's saying you have lost 5K on your car in last 2 years ???

Purchasing any car as an investment is not the surest and safest way to achieve profit  ;)

Ive had my car less than two years  paid £11500 for it spent fook knows what on it , guessin its still worth more than what I paid  for it , I cant see anything changing that, Like I said if its only worth £5k next year so be it.. Im not wealthy by any means I live in the north east goodness me  :laugh:  :laugh:

and look on the bright side If the A*** falls out of the market  the best thing about deprication is that you will be able to upgrade to a better car  for less..  ;)  ???  :sheep:

I think a look at the user no.s and the activity on this site is a good indication that the 'bottom won't fall out'. As far as

but how happy would you be if you spent 10k the lost 5k in 2 years?

goes, this happens with 2/3rds of motors in the market place anyway, whether new or otherwise, and they aint fun :p

I don't want to light the blue touch paper here :devil:  but if you want a cast iron investment buy scrap steel & flog it to the Chinese ;)

I don't want to light the blue touch paper here :devil:  but if you want a cast iron investment buy scrap steel & flog it to the Chinese ;)

isnt that Nissan  are doing at the factory at Washington  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

but dont want to loose money in a short period either.

In which case I would recommend not to purchase any cars  ;)  :(

You have purchased a car therefore you will lose money, fact of life, enjoy it you never know how long it will last  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :D

as an aside and absolutley useless info  I  noticed in this months Glass"s guide (out today for Jan 07  ) that the Bentley continental T 6.8.. was new at £233,000 but  at one year old its value drops to £117,000. now thats a blow  :0  :0

good news for VAG diesels that all the Audi /Vw / skodadiesels havn"t dropped a penny this month despite everything sounding a year older very soon  :t-up:  :t-up:  :durr: and me old A6 has gone up in value  :t-up:  :t-up:

but X5 diesels are dropping  again :down: