Windscreen washer tube

Symbiotic_Caterpillar

What route does the windscreen washer tube take from the bottle to the nozzle. The manual is a bit quiet about this. It says to connect it later but then later never comes.   :durr:

Ran mine round the back of washer bottle , then clipped it onto a bit of the wiring loom into transmission tunnel, then up through a whole cut in transmission tunnel under the dash for the ecu loom, then clipped it round the back heater fan then onto the nozzle in scuttle.

Have kept it away form all the exposed wires on back of dash etc.

Have used numerous cable ties to do this to stop it coming loose!

Depends where the bottle is fitted.

Mine is in the rear so same as described above

My washer bottle is in the rear left of the engine bay.

It sounds like I'm going to be wishing I thought about it before putting in the engine.

Given that I can't do anything much in the transmission tunnel now I thought I could either take it the direct route through the front of the scuttle or via the passenger footwell.

Given that I can't do anything much in the transmission tunnel now I thought I could either take it the direct route through the front of the scuttle or via the passenger footwell.

Mine goes through the front of the scuttle with no problems. Make sure the hole in the scuttle is a tight fit and seal it with a bit of silicone in case any water gets in.

Kevin

Why have one? The wipers pretty much useless anyway.

Not sure about SVA but I'm sure for MOT you just need a means to supply water onto the screen. So take a bottle of water with you! ;)  

And talking of SVA, I'm sure you don't even need a screen for SVA - just one less area for a potential fail :D

And talking of SVA, I'm sure you don't even need a screen for SVA - just one less area for a potential fail :D

Sadly I think that it would fail without the screen. You need somewhere to fix the rear view mirrors.

My next car (sad isn't it, I haven't finished this one yet) will be with aeroscreen. That way I don't have to cut demister slots, fix windscreen wipers or fiddle about with that silly little windscreen fillet.

You should still be able to follow the route through from the rear left side (where the bottle is sited) across the top of the bell housing, back though the right hand side of the tunnel and through the same hole as the loom. I had a similar problem and just snipped off a few of the cable ties and pushed the tube through the split corrugated plastic tubing I used to give protection to all wiring on my build. By removing the cable ties this allowed a little 'give' in the routing.

You must have big hands :p

It is just possible to follow the ECU loom down the tunnel with the engine in, believe me I managed it, less half a dozen knuckles :D    :D

My next car (sad isn't it, I haven't finished this one yet) will be with aero screen. That way I don't have to cut demister slots, fix windscreen wipers or fiddle about with that silly little windscreen fillet.
:D  :D

Amazing had the same thoughts myself ;)  ;) .

Personally I think it's going to be a new scuttle, the new nose/bonnet, aero screen, strip out the bl@@dy carpets etc and lots of Carbon panels for the one I have v.v.nearly got on the road. :laugh:  :laugh:

And talking of SVA, I'm sure you don't even need a screen for SVA - just one less area for a potential fail <!--emo&:D

Sadly I think that it would fail without the screen. You need somewhere to fix the rear view mirrors.

My next car (sad isn't it, I haven't finished this one yet) will be with aeroscreen. That way I don't have to cut demister slots, fix windscreen wipers or fiddle about with that silly little windscreen fillet.

I know mud (Martin Fox ) passed his SVA without a screen but I'm not sure about the mirrors - maybe he had a BIG rear view mirror!

If you can still do this then you could pass SVA with no screen, then fit the screen later and not have to bother about the demister. Just a thought...

If you can still do this then you could pass SVA with no screen, then fit the screen later and not have to bother about the demister. Just a thought...

Too late. The screen is already on and the demisters cut.

As I understand it, for SVA you must have the off side mirror and at least one of the central mirror and the nearside mirror.