Hill climb / sprint car wanted

Richard Houlgate

We are looking for a fully sorted Vauxhall or Zetec engine wide bodied Westfield with 200 bhp or above. Dry sump, type 9 box, LSD, decent shocks with good low seating position – FIA roll bar or equivalent. Realistic price paid for right car. Please call Brian Ellory on 01743 360545 office hours and/or initial email to brianellory@kinrob.co.uk.

Here you go gents nought to do with me but at £4500 you could through a few grands worth of engine/gear box in and have what would appear to be a competitive car with a lot of the right bits

750QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Click

Thanks Slippy, looks a good buy but we want a complete car in good running order.

But when I retire I'd love to get into something similar....

We are looking for a fully sorted Vauxhall or Zetec engine wide bodied Westfield with 200 bhp or above.

What about a Sylva Striker Richard   ???

Superb handling little car....  :devil:  :t-up:

Mark

That would be fine if we could fit in, haven't tried one yet

If you gave us a better idea of your budget we might be able to be more specific in pointing cars out to you.

You could have mine for 11k. It aint dry sumped but it's well sorted and quick as 'ell

Scott

It seems to me that a well sorted car goes for £8-9k. But we all know that often that's just the start of the expenditure. So we would be prepared to pay more for a car that is in really good nick. It is all a question of value rather than cost , I'm sure you understand the difference!

So what is the spec of your car? Is it fully sorted for competition?

may have what you are looking for.. dry sumped around 220bhp , caged bar with strut, fully sorted with all the right bits  and ready to go.. and the best bit the price  :t-up:  :t-up:

WESTFIELD SEIW , 2001.

black.

fully rebuilt 500 miles ago to following spec.

2ltr Vauxhall re sleeved cylinders

QED 420 Cams

Accralite forged pistons

All steel internals

Brand new Crank

DTA fast engine management

Lightened flywheel

Paddle clutch

Weber 45 Carbs

QED Dry Sump System

bills for close to £7,000 for the engine rebuild /ancilleries inc the  dry sump system

Protech shocks all round

Compomotive cxr wheels

AO48r tyres

Standard Type 9 gearbox

LSD

look no further

:t-up:  :t-up:

The gearbox will need rebuilding with better ratios if it's to be used for sprints/climbs.... and that engine could be a bit further back for balance IMHO but apart from that it looks good  :t-up:

So what is the spec of your car? Is it fully sorted for competition?

Have a look at the car on my website (boghouse-blue).

Wouldn't be selling at 8-9k though. But there are plenty of good sprintable cars around at that sort of money.

Dunno if you'd get many with 200 + bhp 16v/ dry sump AND a sprint ratio'd gearbox at your budget but it would give you a good solid specced car that you could further develop over the winter?

Thanks, I've passed this info to my mate Brian who is leading the quest for new car

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking for a fully sorted Vauxhall or Zetec engine wide bodied Westfield with 200 bhp or above.

What about a Sylva Striker Richard   ???

Superb handling little car....  :devil:  :t-up:

But defo not up to a Westie..... :p

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.