2005 256BHP high-spec Orange Westfield SEiW

Mike dB

I am selling my tangerine dream machine to fund a new vehicle.

This is a unique car with a high specification, built and registered in 2005.  Has covered 3000 miles since, on almost 100% road use, it has only covered one track day at Aintree in its short life.  This car was developed to be the ultimate road car, with 256bhp and the power coming in at 3500 rpm; it is an absolute dream to drive.  

It is for sale due to my father & I parting ways, this car was shared between us, but after several years of Westfield ownership (2 previous to this one) we’ve decided to go our separate ways.  This is our 3rd Westfield and it is by far the best we have owned or even seen (we’ve seen a lot!).  This is a well known car with no skeletons in the closet and has a very high build standard.

You may ask, why does it have an aeroscreen?  Our 2 previous cars had a windscreen and to be honest, for me, it totally spoilt driving the car.  I couldn’t see where I was going half the time when turning into corners or coming out onto a main road, especially if you had the doors on, it was nigh on impossible to see.  Plus it feels much nicer when the wind blows through your hair.

If you’re thinking of buying a Caterham, don’t, buy this instead.  This car has more power & is a lot more reliable than a Caterham R500, for half the price!!   Also, as it’s a wide model it means the larger framed person can own one, the Caterham really is narrow, unless it’s an SV but that’s even more expensive.

One last thing, if you bought this instead, you could tell your partner it cost £25k & you get to pocket the rest……

The car is MOT’d until December and is taxed till end of December 2006.  It is offered for sale at £12495, remember, the car is only 1 year old.  If interested drop an email at mikedb@hotmail.com I will be happy to take people out for demo-drives but will not allow test pilots.  The car could have been registered on an age related plate (’55) but the previous owner made it a q plate; for easier MOT compliance regarding emissions (smoke test).

The spec of this superb Westfield is as follows:-

3000 dry miles from new

Chassis/Body

2004 SEiW chassis completed & registered January 2005, supplied powder-coated and factory panelled.

Orange bodywork with detachable arches

Carbon effect rear lights

RAC Rollbar

Westfield padded dashboard

Westfield aeroscreen

GSX-R mirrors (fitted in the correct orientation)

Engine/Transmission/Braking

~500bhp/tonne

Revs to 7500rpm!

2ltr 16v VX XE engine producing 256BHP.  Built by Bob Jones (B&J Engineering) in Urmston.

87.5 mm slipper pistons

Arrow conrods

Ported head (not too much, if you do too much you lose low down grunt)

3 angle valve seats standard size BUT different rear profile valves to increase flow speed.

One off development cam profile 450 but allows hydraulic tappets

A normal 450 profile starts to give power at 4-4.5k my engines starts going mental at

3.5k a test drive WILL confirm this.

Lightweight crank (there are two different types)

Steel oil pump gear

Heavily modified SBD low line sump (BMW one way gate valves fitted)

Absolutely NO oil surge problems

Breather modifications carried out to rocker cover and engine case

Taper throttle bodies with 120mm ram pipes

ITG filter

Bosch fuel regulator (doesn’t whistle after a while like others)

Bosch fuel pump

MBE 967e ECU fully mapped on an engine dynamometer (installed by Martin Fox - WSCC)

SBD sprung paddle clutch (good road drivability)

Aluminium flywheel (not fitted) 2.75kg

QED aluminium front pulley 250grams

Late model type 9n ford gearbox (v6 ratios) supplied brand new in a caterham that had done 7000 miles before I purchased it.

Quaiffe quick shift

Lightweight redtop battery

BRAND NEW less than 1200 miles ago 3.92 ford LSD

Lightweight polo radiator

Short/small plumbing system because expansion bottle is in nose cone, this helps weight distribution

Willwood 4 pot front calipers

CAT grooved front discs

SBD exhaust manifold (4-2-1)

SBD titanium exhaust back box 94.5 dB at SVA (5.5 kg) repackable

Wheels/Tyres

15" wheels Revolution RFX 5 spoke gloss black

Toyo Proxes T1-S 195/50/15

Covered only 3000 miles

Front Suspension

GTS widetrack with rose joint modification (adjustable camber)

Front ARB (procomp anti-roll bar) currently on softest setting

Willwood 4 pot front calipers

CAT grooved front discs

The set up of the suspension settings are;

3/4 of a degree negative camber

Tracking 1mm toe out

Ride height 125 front 135 rear

Westfield dampers

Rear Suspension

Standard SEiW

Cockpit

Black carpet set

Removable steering wheel

Westfield 3" 4 point harnesses

Westfield standard padded seats on runners (very comfortable)

8754.jpeg

8755.jpeg

8750.jpeg

8751.jpeg

8749.jpeg

8753.jpeg

8752.jpeg

The car is immaculate and is an awesome machine, we will be very sad to see it go.

I have various receipts but not for all of the parts.  The car was built by Martin Fox of the Westfield Sports Car Club.  Factory support offered by Westfield is fantastic and they are only too happy to help!

£12495 ono

mikedb@hotmail.com

M 07713121758

Hi Leon, thanks for that. :):t-up:

Do you really think it's a bargain price, should I increase it? ???

Mike

All depends on weather you want to p*** arround or sell it, i recon you got it spot on, however i'd not budge much on price if at all ......... :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.