• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

*Sniff*...sorry...quite emotional

Asterix

Got everything except V5...ahem...that's still in the loft after being put there for my building work 2 years ago. Have looked and failed, how big an issue would that be (considering that I'm good at bull****ting)?

Don't think I've ever been asked for the V5, but as John said, I always carry V5, MOT and insurance certificate just in case they ask for them.

Andy

Got everything except V5...ahem...that's still in the loft after being put there for my building work 2 years ago. Have looked and failed, how big an issue would that be

Insurance, MOT and tax disc should keep em happy, V5 is nice but not always essential.

Personally I never take originals with me, other than tax disc, and use photo-copies of MOT, insurance and V5 , I'm certainly not carrying originals of all that stuff around with me  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :suspect:  :suspect: 99.9% are happy with copies and understand not taking originals and tough luck if they do  :D  :devil:  :D

Some events (not many) ask for the chassis number to be pointed out and checked against the V5. I was asked at ty Croes only 2 weeks ago!

John

Chassis No is also on MOT  ;)  :D if you don't have V5  :D

Did you upset Mr Beardy John ??? he was at his most pleasant first thing, very jovial and jolly  :D  :D  :D

Yeah, I spotted one of the Scrutes asking someone else that too. bl**** good job they didn't ask me, I've no idea where it is on my car :)

Andy

Its on your vin plate Mr H which "should" be fixed to bulk head or somewhere clearly visible  ;)  :D

Failing that its stamped into chassis in a couple of places  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Yep, no VIN plate on my car.

And I didn't fancy rummaging around looking for it on a chassis rail in Ty Croes' balmy weather :)

Andy

Not so much upset him but asked a question. there I was in the scutes shed with me bonnet off waiting...and waiting...and waiting. 3 cars came straight in and he did them without even speaking to me so I had the nerve to ask when he was going to do me  :devil: It then progressed with:-

Do you have your MOT?

Where is your chassis number? Checks it against V5

Checked tyres are in the blue book.

Blah, blah blah...

But the one thing he didnt do was check the label on my overalls  :durr:  :D