The Flymo R.I.P.

V 8

Tommo,

Bad luck mate, sh*t happens unfortunately :down: , but I'm sure it'll come out well sorted for next year.

Think positive it could be worse, (if only I could take my own advice) I'm still between  :down:  :down:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Hopefully catch you at Thoresby

Steve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V 8

• Terry Everall

• Bananaman

• barney

sorry to hear the bad luck Tommo, the V8 Rumble will be missed for the remainder of the season. :zzz:

Thanx everyone. Engine to mr Eales in the next week or so. Will be about another fortnight 'till it's back, then an early start to finishing last years rebuild over the winter.

Car will be a picture when it's out next. Roll on Croft in March :xmas:

Dave, It will never be at Thoresby again, it won't go round the hairpin!! Shame, it's only up the road :t-up:

sorry to hear of the engine problems john, if you are going to cadwell on saturday for gods sake don't pay to get in, i have spare tickets if you need them.

• 1 month later...

OK, diagnosis, two big ends have picked up and a bent crank. My stupid fault for running it low on oil. Another lesson learnt!!! Will need a new crank and two new steel rods.

Good news, Mr Eales said the rest of the engine was perfect and the whole job won't be a fortune, including running it in on the dyno.

Will have all bearings replaced, hone the bores, valves reground, fully washed & cleaned.

Dry sump pump overhauled & scavenge pipes welded in getting rid of the two oil leaks I have

Will have it back next week :D

Roll on Easter Monday :oops:

Tommo

Glad it's not looking too expensive John, and thanks for the route to Aldershot it's looking like Iam having to go! I've wriggled for England but can't get out of this one. :(  :(

Great news Tommo.

let me know when your ready for a hand with the body work.

Beers on you as usual ?

what is the flymo going to be a beige sort of colour  now rob?? or is it going to remain the proper colour for a V8

Kin undercoat . Where's the colour??????????????

Chrome Yellow :love:  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: