The Flymo R.I.P.

V 8

The 3 best events still to come, Brighton Speed Trials, Cadwell sprint weekend and Longleat hillclimb. Sorted a couple of tyre & suspension issues, car going like a train, to within half a second of smithy at Anglsey, and...........oh s**t!! Engine expired at Cadwell on a track/test day.

Thought it was just the crank pulley disintegrating, but there is an ominous tap from low in the engine.

Hey-ho, was having an engine refresh over the winter anyway. Mr Eales will be attending to it a little earlier than originally anticipated.

Will probably be at Cadwell and Thoresby to cheer all on.

Tommo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V 8

• Terry Everall

• Bananaman

• barney

Ah, and that explains why its distinctive platypus physog was notably absent on Madeira Drive on Saturday. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.  :(

b******* you remarked how well it was going as well , sounds like you tempted fate  :(  :(  

Must be all the strain it had trying to catch the moped at Croft..  :sheep:

Very sorry to here that Tommo. Hope it is not too costly to repair :bangshead:

Big shame! I was looking forward to a good end of season scrap!

For god sake, someone offer the chinster a double drive!

Del

Sorry to hear that Tommo, going to get a few more Gee Gee's in it when it's rebuilt then :D:D:D

Sorry to hear of your trouble Tommo. Just when you think you're nearly there, something bites you on the  :arse: Get her ready for a full on assault next season  :t-up:

John

Sorry to hear about the engine trouble Tommo.

I am sure it will be all the more awsome next year.

It looks unlikely i will get out again this year. Cant get an entry for Loton, but a very slim chance of a reserve place for Thoresby. Ah well, like you I might go along anyway.