Quaife 5 speed type 9

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Plenty of people use those ratios in the speed series. usually with torquey VX engines.

John

2.04 first is quite correct. I've been mulling over swapping my 2.39 first for a 2.04...

Item: Quaife 5-Spd Ford/Caterham Straight Cut Gearbox (270027120641)  

This message was sent while the listing was active.

jonny-five is the seller.

I honestly don't know if it's a clubmans or pro. the chap who removed the box from the car for me seems to think that it's probably a pro box but is understandably reluctant to commit. Is there an easy way for me to find out?

Ditto with the input shaft - how can i tell?

mileage is completely unknown as it was bought as an ex-track day car with unknown history. that said, it has only ever been used with a 1600k-series at about 135bhp so unlikely to have had a hard life.

Hope that helps and hopefully between us we can work out the other two points.

Jonny  

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Blimey 1st is 2.040:1!  :0  That's a looong first gear, or perhaps he meant to write "2.40:1".

Only really suitable for track cars really... I've been in a car with a 2.04 first and it was like pulling away in second... In fact I reckon it would be easier to pull away in secong in my tintop!

:D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.