Which Type 9

tingtong

Hello everyone

i have yet again another type 9 question for you all, whilst watching the stock car racing today at the mendips race way i decided to have a walk through the pits and ask the sierra drivers if any of them had a type 9 gear box for sale, the answer i got was yes but what size engine does the gearbox come from, 1.6,1.8, 2.0 CVH Pinto? Year of car?

I dont have a clue? so can any of you guys tell me, or are the 5 speed boxes all the same

Thanks

Nathan

There are quite a few variants of Type 9. But if we assume you are looking at a Five speed, the basic splits are from a 4 cylinder powered car, a 6 cylinder powered car, and from a diesel.

The diesel variant is a bit of an oddball, so your main worry is whether it is from a 4 or 6 cyl - which translates to short or long input shaft respectively. Both types can be used in a Westfield, but the relevent bellhousing will need to be used for the box...

Well im going to be using an XE engine and im going to buy the bell housing from westfield does anyone know weather i will need the long or short input shaft or does westfield cater for both

thanks

Not sure TBH - worth checking with the factory. I guess the 'standard' offering will be a short input shaft bellhousing. The likes of SBD offer both types of bellhousing though... :t-up: