• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Bananaman

• GuyH

Some great shots their Nigel, we shall want some of them.

But there was one shot you missed, and some of the guys were asking about it. But as luck would have it someone was in the right place at the right time...

david_1.jpg

This shot is the start of it. He went an awful long on his mud-wrestling adventure before the nose dug in to that bank in the background and brought his fun to a stop.

(.. sorry dad, couldn't resist.  :love:  )

If thats the exit from radar complex then I remember thinking " You dont want to go there " as I walked the course :laugh:

Some great shots their Nigel, we shall want some of them.

But there was one shot you missed, and some of the guys were asking about it. But as luck would have it someone was in the right place at the right time...

david_1.jpg

This shot is the start of it. He went an awful long on his mud-wrestling adventure before the nose dug in to that bank in the background and brought his fun to a stop.

(.. sorry dad, couldn't resist.  :love:  )

Any chance of posting up the in-car video clip that I know you will have... :D  :oops:

as I walked the course
Are you mad? In that weather? You must be joking  :0 Its no wonder you have nappy rash still.....

David obviously followed my lead....

John, Gill and I walked the course at 7:15am on Saturday as I'd no idea what the circuit looked like..... needless to say we were soaked to the skin by the time we got back to the paddock  :down:  :sheep:  :durr:  the wind was so bad that the shaft of one of our umbrellas had snapped while we were walking round despite holding it with both hands  :oops:  :bangshead:

Luckily the hotel we were staying at tumble dried our clothes, shame they had no hot water for our entire stay  :angry:  :bangshead:  :arse:

Plenty of hot water in the paddock showers  :) I even broke with tradition and had a dip myself.

If thats the exit from radar complex then I remember thinking " You dont want to go there " as I walked the course :laugh:

Terry

Scientific method often develops a theory and then tests it empirically for confirmation.

I confirm your theory  :D  :(  :D

[it seemed quite a long way up the hill from Abbotts to Radar when I was driving behind the course car at 30mph  :blush: ]

David.

You should have said that you were going rallying.

I'd have lent you the nobblie tyres off the Micra  :D  :D

I'm not sure I should admit to this but they say confession is good for the soul.

I went off at the same spot whilst following the course car.  :down:  :down:  :durr:

I was right at the back of the line so I don't think anyone saw it other than the trailing course car.

I now understand the true meaning of the phrase 'tail-end-CHARLIE' :arse:

Another addition to the pantheon of race drivers excuses:- "I was delayed in being let out onto the track and I was trying to catch up".

Any chance of posting up the in-car video clip that I know you will have... :D  :oops:

.. gutted Tommo, but we weren't recording at the time. This is cos we were still wet through from the morning and couldn't be arsed to set it up. Big mistake with hindsight.

We also missed dad's extracurricular activity at Hethel of course due to the no filming rule there. All in all he's getting off quite lightly...

To make up for it though, here's the photo taken when he had come to the sticky end...

david_2.jpg

.. gutted Tommo, but we weren't recording at the time. This is cos we were still wet through from the morning and couldn't be arsed to set it up. Big mistake with hindsight.

We also missed dad's extracurricular activity at Hethel of course due to the no filming rule there. All in all he's getting off quite lightly...

To make up for it though, here's the photo taken when he had come to the sticky end...

david_2.jpg

Turf Trophy for D.Hussey :D  :D  :D  ;)