XI steering wheel questions

rgs_laverda

Does anyone know the hub type on the XI steering wheel? I would like to replace the red wheel with a wood one. Also what diameter is suitable? I believe that the stock wheel is 12", Has anyone tried 13" or 13.5" I am a bit under 6' so I don't think going a bit larger will cause a fit problem, but what is the effect on the "feel" ?

BTW I nearly posted 6" instead of 6', kind of changes the whole meaning of the post.......I suppose I should ask my wife about the other.

I should imagine that the column splines are Allegero/BMC so the boss will need to match those.

Motalita make some good looking wood wheels.

I would'nt have thought an extra inch and a half would make much difference to feel to the feel of the car.

Chaz.

Hi there

Mine still has the SVA wheel on - I'm thinking about going Motalita anyway - but why do you want to get shot of the red factory wheel? You may need to buy a new column anyway as I think they are modified for the red wheel to fit.

Cheers

Mike

PS When mine is on the road I was going to drive over to Motalita at Thruxton and try a few for size. It's like stepping back in time when you go there.  :D

Edit to add that I've just spotted that you're in LA. I guess it'll take you more than the 30 minutes or so for my trip.  :laugh: