TYPE 9 GEARBOX IN PRE LIT

FURRY

HELLO EVERYONE,

THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE PAST, BUT AS ALWAYS NOW HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. I WANT TO FIT A TYPE 9 GEARBOX IN MY PRELIT BEFORE HAVING THE CHASIS POWDER COATED CAUSE I BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO MOVE A MOUNT UNDERNEATH, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFORMATION ON THIS. THE OTHER THING I'M RUNNING A XFLOW1300 LINKED TO A E2000 FORD GEARBOX. WILL I NEED A NEW PROPSHAFT CLUTCH ECT. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. FURRY :)

Evening Furry

yes you'll have to move the mount. I believe from reading the burton catalogue that the 2000e box will just be a straight swap as it has a 23 spline input shaft the same as the type 9. if you do need any clutch parts then neil purdies site has the numbers clicky . I think the clutch will fit but depends on condition. I may be wrong hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will be along soon.

I have a photo of 7se' s plate move that he sent me when i was doing my type 3 to type 9 conversion. Note that the tape has no reference at front so it will give you a good idea were it wants to be.

I might know someone who wants the 2000e box if its any good. let me know what your doing with it.

Scott

8318.jpeg