Speed Series Competitors

Terry Everall

I also think it is too easy to be promoted to expert from novice only having to win one event makes it far too easy as Mid Life points out.

I raised this officially through the correct official channels the year before last...seems I was ahead of my time  :xmas:

It's a difficult one...equally you could have novices complaining that they don't stand a chance at being competitive in class A or B because former class winners who have already competed a season or two, are still in the novice class.  

And remember everyone, here is a wonderful place for a discussion, but if you want anything formally considered...put it in writing to the official officials  :xmas:  :xmas:  ;)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V 8

• Mid life crisis

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• davidgh

Finally, I see nothing wrong with choosing popular events to enhace your opportunity of scoring high points, of course you run the risk of finishing up on a reserve list and scoring no points!  It's no different to choosing a Class that you think you have the best chance of winning, the game is there to be played.  For instance if anyone wanted to do well in Class A last year they just had to avoid the event's the Hussey's were at!! and that's how the other 6 guys got promoted :)

OUCH! Martin, as one of the promotees from last year i like to think i got there by competing against the Husseys and on one occasion beating them, not by avoiding them. :suspect:  :suspect:

OUCH! Martin, as one of the promotees from last year i like to think i got there by competing against the Husseys and on one occasion beating them, not by avoiding them. :suspect:  :suspect:

Fair and square, I would say  :D

Does anyone think the ever increasing cost of fuel and distances to some of the rounds is having an impact on attendances. I know we are in the hands of other clubs to invite us to their events, but if you live in the north and you are not a total basket case like the N.E. area organiser and want to compete between June and late August you have a lot of travelling to do. :(  :(

Second hand from my house m8 :oops:

you"ve seen me drive then  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:

Does anyone think the ever increasing cost of fuel and distances to some of the rounds is having an impact on attendances. I know we are in the hands of other clubs to invite us to their events, but if you live in the north and you are not a total basket case like the N.E. area organiser and want to compete between June and late August you have a lot of travelling to do. :(  :(

Yep did Curborough event, :D   not got an entry for the Curborough event on 20/8 :down:  next event will be Ty Croes the first weekend in September. :cool:

:D  :D  :D  :D

I agree with Mrs Westy's comments on upgrading to expert

.I also wrote at the end of the 2004 season highlighting this point on upgrading.

I also think that it should take more than one event win especially as now you only need three competitors for upgrading

An ammalgamation of class A into C and B into D (with an award for best novice, as suggested earlier) would probably ensure that these two classes were full ( 5 or more) at most events .

If you live in the South, your first event isn't usually until mid June at Lydden. This season we had Dimanche as the first event, with Lydden the second event "down south" in mid June. If you happen to want to go to Le Mans, then you have to miss Lydden and wait until Curborough in late June to get your season underway. It cuts both ways...

If you live in the South, your first event isn't until mid June at Lydden

North Weald is in March ;) albeit for 2006 cancelled due to problems with owners  ;)  :D

coffee for Mr B :D  :D  :D

...and Dimanche in April......

I mentioned Dimanche. It was the first time event this year. If it's a regular event in future then fair enough, but it's still a big gap from early April to mid/late June for us Southerners...

Any chance of keeping this thread in the SS info section. I'll post it there aswell.

Blatters, any way you can you delete the thread and repost in SS info??

id be really disapointed for that to happen.  I am not a competitor, but toying with the idea.  I like to read threads about the makeup and workings of the SS.  I dont pass comment as im not a competitor, but as a potential competitor its good to be informed

OiOi

ps - still fundamentally disagree with a part of the club forum that i cannot see (dont think I should be able to post) but thats a hole (sic) different thread

Perhaps a fairer mechanism would be to count the total number of cars in a class on the day and use that as the measure of what maximun points can be scored eg - 17, 16.5 or 16

John

Are you suggesting that when they lump all the Westfields in a single class the boys in Class F should get more points for beating me in Class A????!!!!!

The points issue should be looked at...  For example in my first event, Llandow last year, my time was 18% worse than the class win (Guy Hussey) (Yes, it was a v...e...r....y.....s....l.....o.....w..... time, and because Llandow is so long I scored 6.26 points... compare that to Curbourough last year and the boys at the back of the grid were 20% slower than the class winner (Guy Hussey!) but scored 9.7 points because the course is that much shorter.  This difference wasn't because there were fewer competitors at curborough either.... 13 versus 11 at Llandow......

I must admit the points scoring method has really shaped my entries.....  I'd love to do more sprints but as they are generally longer I've decided to concentrate on hills as that's where the greater points are....  It shouldn't really matter as I don't do enough rounds to affect the championship... but its a bit demorallising when all the championship table shows is 6.26 points.......