• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

First Start !!!!

Steve20

Just started the engine (2.0 Zetec on Jenveys and Emerald ECU) for the first time tonight, had a bit of a problem getting oil pressure at first so removed the filter and cranked the engine for a few seconds until oil spurted out, replaced the filter, connected the injectors and then she was off.

2.5 bar on idle so all looks good, all the electrics worked first time so well happy!!!!

Time for Stella and a curry

Thanks to all you guys for the help and tips received so far, great club and web site.

Steve

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Well done Steve.

Only started mine on Wednesday. Its an ace feeling and my electrics work fine too  :D

Where are you intending going to SVA?

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

I am just north of Peterborough, so choice for SVA will be between Norwich and Nottingham, probably go for Norwich but choice of evils in terms of the journey.

Plan is to trailer the car over to Emerald first to put it on the dyno, also get the suspension set up properly, corner weighted etc and then drive to the SVA !

Can't wait

Steve

HI Steve well done Stonleigh next year is looking good.

With regard to SVA I am looking to go to Nottingham. Birmingham is closer but hey if it fails at least I'd have had a good blat. From what I have read from advice on this site Nottingham looks to be a very good option although not to say Norwich isn't. Let me know how you get on. I downloaded the PDF application the other day.....

I hate filling in forms. :sheep:

Could not resist the temptation to start again today and Dad was suitably impressed.  :D Do have a small water leak on the Waterail which I thought may happen as it could really do with another turn and the tapered thread just will not allow so more PTFE tape needed.....

SWMBO says Westfield free afternoon now though  :(