Wing mirrors for aero screen - SVA compliant

combatsapph

Hi all,

I'm currently building a Westfield SDV and I will be fitting an aero screen from the word off (after the SVA though).  Obviously I'll need some wing mirrors for the SVA, can anyone reconmend a pair that are SVA compliant.  Also, what do I do about a rear view mirror?

thanks in advance for your time.

I used WF's standard "aeroscreen" mirrors - forget which bike they're off, but a search will turn it up, I'm sure! It's possible to fit these to the bare scuttle for SVA, and the mirrors themselves are fine SVA wise. Though lots of other bike mirrors seem like they may be OK.

Oppinions differ on central rear view mirrors. Many people only fit them for SVA, in which case they usually seem to be stuck on types from Halfords. Personally, i hate not having a decent centre mirror, so I fitted one of the Spa Sports Car mirrors to the top of the scuttle.

You will need a centre mirror for SVA.  I failed for just having the two mirrors either side of my scuttle so I had to bodge a centre mirror on for the re-test.  It has since 'fallen off' though  :D

I think this is a fairly recent reg change as my old car passed SVA with only the two mirrors.  ???

Steve.

As you say, regs may have changed,; but when I did my SVA last year, the centre mirror was optional, provided you had enough of a field of view on the others to get all the markers in sight. However, the tester also pointed out that on Wf's (like mine at least, with aero and small wing mirrors), that this was almost impossible with a roll bar and high backed seats. And that three mirrors was the only practical way of doing it.

As I say though, I got a "proper" centre mount mirror anyway, and would feel lost without it.