Thames Valley Abingdon Airfield day

Neil H

Hi All.

Just managed to block book 15 places for Abingdon Airfield Day on Friday 11th August!

Places are just £109 and is only 1 months away - so please book early to avoid disappointment according to below;

- Ring Motorsports Events DIRECT on 0870 787 2116 to book.

- Call mobile 07855 482953 if no answer.

- Ask to be placed on to "Neil's Westfield Group"

- Ask for Natasha if there are any issues.

- Pay Motorsport Events DIRECT according to their conditions.

- Drop me an e-mail once you've booked so we can see who's attending.

The 15 places will be released to the general public after a week, so book quick!

Noise limit appears to be 100dB(A)

Details of Abingdon are below, also web site at http://www.motorsport-events.com/;

Cheers,

Neil

----------------

Abingdon airfield is an MOD site now occupied by the army and also used for Glider training. It was opened in 1932 and many RAF Squadrons served there until the RAF moved out in December 1992.

It is in excellent condition, has lots of top quality tarmac and is sure to be a firm favourite on the track day calendar. Our track design has a great mix of corners, using the huge amount of space available and long straights with speeds in excess of 100 mph possible in most cars. This is a fantastic venue, not to be missed by any enthusiastic driver!

The noise testing rules at Abingdon are 100 dB(A) at 0.5 metres and at 4500 rpm, for motorcycle engines cars we require this to be at 3/4 of maximum rpm. This rule will be enforced rigidly, so if you have any doubts consider adding extra silencing. Please also note that due to a number of reasons competition cars can not be allowed at these events.

There is a petrol station within 10 minutes of the track, with Shell Optimax also available locally and plenty of local Hotels and B&B's.

Abingdon is very well located being within easy reach of the M40 motorway, south of Oxford.

Mmmm, very tempting. It's an excellent airfield circuit. But it's just one week after my Silverstone GP day on 3rd, and I doubt that my finances stretch to two track days in one week.  :down:  :down: