• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Which width of seat

cockerchumps

I have an 89 se thin bodied, the seats currently fitted are a bit tight. Are all buckets a standard width? Or are there narrower variants available?

Regards

There isn't much that will fit in a narrow body, as the max width is 39cm. Intatrim do some nice narrow seats (look here) Or if you wanted something a bit more minimal check out Playskool's or Triton's race seats.

IMHO, the Westfield race seats are just about the best, equal with the Plays Kool/Fluke R500 alikes. I have tried the Intatrim Ranger and the Cobra Roadster and hated them both...

I would concur with Mr B  :D

Perhaps for road use the Westfield ones may be slightly more comfortable with their padding  :)  :D and both the Fluke / Plays Kool carbon ones are far too nice to cover with padding  :D  :blush:  :D  :)

The other seats are fine and o.k but tend to have deeper / thicker bases........ which if you're short  :arse: is fine otherwise if taller than average can lead you looking over the top of windscreen  :blush:  :blush:  :D

Just fitted the Westy padded race seats to my Narrow bodied car using the westy supplied non-adjustable mounting kit. They are a tight fit but they do go in, they are very comfortable indeed & offer great support & looks. when measured the westy race seats are actually 410mm wide at the front but i have my alli panels fitted to the outside on the chassis which gives the extra bit of space:)

Andy

when measured the westy race seats are actually 410mm wide at the front but i have my alli panels fitted to the outside on the chassis which gives the extra bit of space:)

ive just done this too but have the inner panels fitted.

Had to 'massage' the panel nearest the tub slightly where the fixings went into the frame to give enough clearance for tightening (massage=smacked it with a hammer a few times to indent in the relevant spots! )

WF seat's quite accomodating in the rearend dept. ive got a 36 waist and the  :arse: to match and theres plenty of room in there whereas if you go for something like a cobra seat the padded leg section pushes into ya and wud become quite annoying fairly quickly id imagine.

As Westy666 stated. I found the same with the cobra roadster7's that i had. The seat base bolster was indeed very uncomfortable after longer stint behind the wheel. Without making things to personal, I have a 38" waist with the butt to match & weigh in at 195lb & still find the westy padded race seat in my narrow, very comforatble.:)

Andy