Megablade propshaft & centre bearing.

the_fbi

Dunning & Fairbank seem to have a good reputation when it comes to propshafts so I emailed them for a quote for my Megablade, they suggested it has to be a 2 piece jobby.

This raised an interesting question, how far from the engine output flange to the centre bearing mount.

My main concern has always been the angle of the shaft as it leaves the engine, as its at a pretty weird angle, I'd guess the flange will be at around 10-15 degrees off being straight (towards the diff). I know that sounds a lot off, but it is, although its on a Westfield cradle (although may be a Megabird cradle rather than a Megablade one). So putting the centre bearing further down the car will help make the first section less of an angle, but is there a "correct" place to mount the centre bearing, indeed is there a supplier of a bracket which goes in a certain place?

Any views/experiances/advice/pictures appreciated.

Thanks

Chris