subaru impreza

boris

Hi guys,

As per the title i am after an older type subaru impreza.

My budget is fairly limited, around the £5000 ish mark as the insurance will be a nightmare as im only 21 with 2 years NCB. (£6500 max inc. insurance)

I am not too fussy as far as spec goes although there is a couple of things i would really like:

1) a turbo

2) a cd player (lol) and

3) a large spoiler (im only going to be young once!;)

other than that, standard all the way please.

I am located in Canterbury or Milton Keynes.

Is there anything i should be looking out for inparticular? What kind of servicing costs are involved? Whats the rough MPG going to be like? (i will be driving reasonably sedately)

Any help and advise is much appreciated,

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Had a then new one some years ago - would now probably fall into your range...

Great cars but relatively high and frequent service costs. Tyres and brakes get a hammering and at that sort of price range I'd want a few quid spare to fund unexpected breakages. By the same token I'd want to see a gold plated service record before parting with the cash...

Good luck - they're very good in the wet BTW...  :D

i wouldnt bother to much about the big spoiler they hinder rear vision epecially the at the sort of distance police follow you on motorways when speeding  :D .and dont buy anything with body damage body parts hard to get ,tyres are expensive you need to change all 4 at once otherwise it fools the 4 wheel drive but what i do is see the scooby dealer and ask if anyones upgrading there alloys and buy the originals and tyres i gave same money for wheels and tyres as just for tyres .my service intervals are only every 10k so only needs service every year dont find it any darer than any of my other cars if anything 50-100 more than my wifes astra! :0

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.