Brake line - SVA requirements

adamnreeves

I know that the SVA requirement for attachment intervals is 300mm or less. I have installed all my brake lines, took me 22.5hrs!! Anyway, the question/observation is that on the top mounted pedal box, the secondary port from the master brake has a banjo connector which terminates on a small chassis bracket at the top of the front bulkhead, where one attaches the brake line to for the run to the rear t-piece. Now then, I have attached the first p-clip on the lower chassis rail on the front bulkhead, the straight line distance between where the brake line connects to the banjo and this first clip on the lower rail is 300mm but the brake line must curve around the end of the upper steering column, meaning technically this will be longer than 300mm. I haven't measured with string yet but I guess it might be 320mm. In reality this is quite rigid though as it is connect to a bracket welded onto the chassis and the line is steel and has a curve. Could this fail the SVA?

I would normally er on the side of caution but in my opinion it is safe (erm!;) and as the bracket forces the brake line to be about 7mm from the bulkhead panel, I can not attach a p-clip. I have thought about using one of those clip on type clips but they require to be fixed to chasis rails I think.

I think a picture may help, if you could tilt your head to one side!

Img_0424.jpg

Could this fail the SVA?

IMHO I doubt it would be a fail.

Kerry