Simpson BB 7" SS silencers

Paul Ash

I got a quick reply from Matt @ simpsons answering all my questions  :)

So I'll be going for a non-Cat version. Paul, if you can confirm I'm ok to join the bulk buy I'll post off a cheque ASAP (How much for?)...

I'll need another poke around with the tape measure just to check I can get a 700mm can in, but I reckon these are the dimensions I'll need:

A: 700mm

B: 52mm (or whatever suits the link pipe)

C: enough to bolt link pipe to

D: 51mm

E: 70mm

F: 100mm

Is there a text version of the order form or something I'm supposed to fill in?

Cheers!

Jim

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• JimNoble

• stu999

• pete g

When I write the cheque, do I need to factor in the link pipe cost (is that what you mean by "stepper")?

Or, assuming I have to pop along to Simpsons to get the link pipe measured up with the silencer in position, will it be paid direct to them?

Cheers,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

am i too late?

If not what do you need ?

No you can still join in :D

You have PM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Just spoken to a guy at Simpsons, (not Matt, as he is away racing) and asked him if its too late to order a silencer as per the bulk buy. He said it wouldn't be a problem, and to speak to you.

Can I still order through you, or shall I speak directly with Matt when he returns?

I'm after a 7"x29" can with 2.5" dia pipe and tailpipe (Tailpipe with the tightest bend they can do). I do need a stepper welded as close to the inlet as possible as my manifold is 2.75" o/s diameter. The only other non standard thing is, if they would supply the mounting bracket unwelded, so I can position and weld it myself when its all set up on the car.

Cheers Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

well been to simpsons today to get my silencer done and have to say i am well impressed with it.I watched them build it from scratch and have to say the build quality and welding are excellent  and would recommend anyone thinking of getting a exhaust to consider them.

The car is so quiet now the induction noise from my TB's when flooring it is much louder than the exhaust.  :cool:

Would also like to say thanks to Paul for organising the BB  :t-up:

Beers and cheers

Trev

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved mine today, looks good and I can't wait to get it on the car.  

That will have to wait until the weekend due to work, should be going to Donnington so can get clamps etc then.

Thanks for oranising the buy Paul.

That looks tidy and a good idea with inter-changeable cat  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :devil:  :D .............. have the cat guys just purchased one to share around when needed    :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D

I drove my car tonight for the first time since picking it up from Simpsons (other than driving it onto the trailer!).

Wow! Chuffed to bits :cool:  :t-up:  :xmas:  :D Looks the biz, goes like a scolded cat, and all I can hear is the gearbox whine! :D

Cracking bit of kit :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Cheers Paul for organising this - I owe you a beer...

I can still get you on the end of the BB

Contact me & let me know what you need.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.