blackbird emmissions

Carl Sambell

Anybody experienced problems with emissions failing an SVA test on Blackbird engined car. Engine is injection using a CAT.

Basically too much fuel going in.  Any idears much appreciated

I have suggested fuel pressure too high to Westfield, but they assure me that the V8 fuel pump is the correct one for the engine.  2 Fuel regulators are used, one from Westfield, the other from Honda

Carl,

Have you got a full breakdown of values for CO2, HC and O2?

It appears the mixture is too rich so could either be a faulty or dead lambda sensor if you got one (2001 engine only) or could possibly be a missfire or weak spark on your plugs. I would start at the plugs, then check leads and coils, then lambda. Fuel pressure is unlikely to be an issue as that would mean that both your regulators are not working. Try an inline fuel pressure gauge if you are still unsure.

Hi

CO is around 3.5%

HC is 82ppm

Lambda is 0.91

A lambda sensor is fitted to this engine as it is a 2000 model

Thanks

Carl

Carl,

It sounds like I thought. I would follow my previous post and check ingition (plugs, leads, coils). Check fuel pressure with an inline gauge (get one from any motor factors or halfords) and finally, if all else fails, check your cat isnt damaged (just in case), although unlikely with a new-ish engine. Having said that, if it has been overfuelling for quite a while, the cat may have been damaged and require replacing.