Just sampled bike power

slippy

A little bit although I am a bit younger than you so it's not quite as bad I'll wager, could be worse you could be at work like me :p

Get out in the Busa that should blow the cobwebs away :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• slippy

• Blatman

• ChrisG

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish.. day hasnt started out so good .. :(

Lashing down with rain  :(

missus gone shopping all day with her mate   :(

shes relieved me of £300 spending money  :(

left me with the kids , who  are in a noisy mood :(

and to cap it all ...

I daren"t  take busa out for a spin for fear of a v8/zetec/vx or a duratec scranns me up the bypass  :(  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :p  :devil:

mark and I used to compete in classB together and his V8 is a well set up car but I usually beat him in my xe car. Now in my BEC he would have no chance. As I siad before look at the Speed Series Results for last year :p

mark and I used to compete in classB together and his V8 is a well set up car but I usually beat him in my xe car. Now in my BEC he would have no chance. As I siad before look at the Speed Series Results for last year :p

Hi Terry

Im sorry but i think you are mistaken, i have a copy of the results from the said year, yourself and ash finished behind Mark Minshull.  Do you not think the car and Mark would also have continued to improve and........

you would still be behind him i do :D  :devil:  :devil:

hope you are well

Kyle

Bring it on bike boy.  My ex speed series winning v8 will compete with most bec cars round the twisty stuff and blitz you down the straights.

As i stated i went out in 2 Busas one a supposed 190bhp holeshot engined beast, then i went out in Mark Minshulls ex speed series V8 the V8 is a lot quicker and handles superbly.

The beauty of Westy ownership is there are so many options and we all have our own opinions as to what is best.  They are all great cars.

Did it win the speed series with you in the drivers seat though? Anyway, if (as I suspect) your engine has had signficant cash spent on it then I have no doubt it would out drag my totally stock R1 BEC on the straights, but the same way I can't defy physics on the straights, you can't defy physics in the corners, a 650kg car like for like will be slower under braking and cornering than a 400kg car.

Its all hardly comparing apples with apples anyway, I too could spend several grand on my engine and be just as quick on the straight as a 250+bhp V8 and still be faster in the corners, but totally agree with the last paragraph.  :t-up:

Chris

My 66 ford anglia with hub caps removed and hole drilled in exhaust pipe woulda wupped the lot of ya  :p

All good clean fun, the odd one or two of these V8 boys do seem to feel threatened by light weight 1 litre engines and quick Vx's though    :oops:  :D  :t-up:

Bring it on bike boy.  My ex speed series winning v8 will compete with most bec cars round the twisty stuff and blitz you down the straights.

As i stated i went out in 2 Busas one a supposed 190bhp holeshot engined beast, then i went out in Mark Minshulls ex speed series V8 the V8 is a lot quicker and handles superbly.

The beauty of Westy ownership is there are so many options and we all have our own opinions as to what is best.  They are all great cars.

Did it win the speed series with you in the drivers seat though? Anyway, if (as I suspect) your engine has had signficant cash spent on it then I have no doubt it would out drag my totally stock R1 BEC on the straights, but the same way I can't defy physics on the straights, you can't defy physics in the corners, a 650kg car like for like will be slower under braking and cornering than a 400kg car.

Its all hardly comparing apples with apples anyway, I too could spend several grand on my engine and be just as quick on the straight as a 250+bhp V8 and still be faster in the corners, but totally agree with the last paragraph.  :t-up:

Chris

Hi Chris

We will agree to differ mate.  Perhaps if you are up for it you could have a blast in my V8 and vice versa.  

My car is total stripped out so i believe it is closer to 600kg than 650.  Can you really get a Westy down to 400kg???. Look forward to meeting you sometime, perhaps we can carry on the debate then. :D

Kyle

*cough* 354 kgs..*cough*

but im not getting into yours is quicker than mine debate,it all depends on which track etc,mine goes well at sharp twisty tracks,but gets hung out to dry at places like cadwell etc..

you got to enjoy your westies though....

Barney

*cough* 354 kgs..*cough*

:0

But what does it weigh with the engine in?  :p  :D  :D  :D

And most of the BEC's in the Speed Series (on sticky 1B tyres rememeber) rarely seem to be able to finish ahead of arm, who's in a Vx on non sticky 1A's...

Sorry m8, but you mentioned it first here......

I know. I was on a fishing mission...

Busa is 480kgs

thats with the engine and all the fluids trust me barnys car is light. well it is a derby notts car we come to expect the best round here. :p