• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• slippy

• Blatman

• ChrisG

Top Posters In This Topic

11 secs for a road car would be outstanding. Trust me a quick quarter mile time is not as easy as it looks...

Have a read of the 1/4 mile times here. Ian Crocker doesn't deal in bull, and there are some *very* good Westfield pilots in there...

That's an interesting site . . . why is it that various 250+bhp V8s can't beat a 170bhp BEC ?  80bhp is a pretty big difference.  Also says that Grahame's 400Kg BEC with a tuned R1 engine is 0.3s slower than my 520Kg stock Busa in 1/4 mile ?

Just goes to show that different days means very different results  ;)  :D

"Never seen a BEC quicker than mine"

Really.................

Which class you competing in then?????????? :suspect:  :0

"Never seen a BEC quicker than mine"

Really.................

Which class you competing in then?????????? :suspect:  :0

Terry, I am not sprinting, so I am No-mans class I  :p

Back on topic...... I would definately go for a BEC starting out if I knew what I knew now. But....I wouldn't know what I know now, and would always wonder. The Flymo is never beaten on terminal speed, & sounds like a Aussie V8 supercar, & is a serious head turner, even when it's scruffy.

The great thing about BEC's is the cost. A state of the art engine, no weight, light flywheel, 6 sp seq dog box, etc, etc.....fer nowt by comparison.

They will always beat me around the twiddly stuff, and always get crucified when the car can stretch it's legs.

Horses (pardon the pun) for courses

Think I'll stick with me V8, coz I think it's it's great!! (poetry by mistake)

Tommo

There were a couple of bec in my group at Mallory last year, put it this way they didnt look that quick to me as i flew past out of the devils elbow.

...and that would be conclusive proof I guess ???  

I don't suppose you had chance to took a look in your mirror round Gerrards though as they cruised back up behind you, dawdling along being held up until you eventually scrabbled your way onto the back straight?  ;)

See you on track*

*about twice per session when you pull over to the right and let us past  :oops:  :D

Bring it on bike boy.  My ex speed series winning v8 will compete with most bec cars round the twisty stuff and blitz you down the straights.

As i stated i went out in 2 Busas one a supposed 190bhp holeshot engined beast, then i went out in Mark Minshulls ex speed series V8 the V8 is a lot quicker and handles superbly.

The beauty of Westy ownership is there are so many options and we all have our own opinions as to what is best.  They are all great cars.

11.45 Jc.. returns from pub to see the debate continues  :zzz:  :zzz::p

Slippy see what you have done     :D  :D:D  :D

so how does a crossflow compare to a cvh    :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :0  :sheep:  :sheep:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :down:  :arse:  :xmas:  :oops:  :suspect:  :blues:

I am am also fresh from the boozer :p

Looks like I have kicked off a lively debate and as for the Crossflow v CVH argument our kid has a Crossflow and I can kick his fat A*** :D:D

so in context of this thread why is sprinting relevant ???

I never said it was relevant to the thread. All I was doing was baiting the BEC lot.

I never mentioned sprinting until you brought it up...

And most of the BEC's in the Speed Series (on sticky 1B tyres rememeber) rarely seem to be able to finish ahead of arm, who's in a Vx on non sticky 1A's...

Sorry m8, but you mentioned it first here......