Just sampled bike power

slippy

hope I have the same reaction when I sample a busa turbo, should inspire me to get me cheque book out  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Does that mean youll be selling your mr C :t-up:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• slippy

• Blatman

• ChrisG

Top Posters In This Topic

nah , will be upgrading engine when i get bored with it..

back end of last year was desperate for more grunt :(  :(  after not being in it for 3 months it now  feels canny quick... sure a couple of weeks on will be on the search for more bhp..

just been and chucked £110 at it on years tax this morn  

:D  :D  :t-up:  :t-up:

how much is a v8 to tax  :0  :0  :0  :0  :devil:

Taxed mine yesterday, £175  :0  :0  :0

So, if I were to fit an R1 engine I'd save myself £65  :cool:

Not sure that'd cover the conversion mind   ???

There were a couple of bec in my group at Mallory last year, put it this way they didnt look that quick to me as i flew past out of the devils elbow.

...and that would be conclusive proof I guess ???  

I don't suppose you had chance to took a look in your mirror round Gerrards though as they cruised back up behind you, dawdling along being held up until you eventually scrabbled your way onto the back straight?  ;)

See you on track*

*about twice per session when you pull over to the right and let us past  :oops:  :D

All in good humour, Im certain that some V8s would easily out-drag the average BEC particularly at higher speeds, but overall round a track it would generally be a different matter. Looking at the lap records of the 750MC Kit car championship (which allows RV8 engines, but to what state of tune I dont know) and the RGB (whos engines are all standard 'busas at best) both running on the same tyres, the RGB Mallory lap record is 2 sec faster than the Kit Car record, and there's no note of whether that was actually set by a V8 or not. If you look at other circuits like Donington, the gap increases to nearly 4 seconds, and Cadwell nearly 6 seconds...

so.......

now we have established that a Busa is better than a V8  :devil:

what about a zetec and vx  :blush:  :devil:  :sheep:  :0  :oops:  :suspect:

so.......

now we have established that a Busa is better than a V8  :devil:

what about a zetec and vx  :blush:  :devil:  :sheep:  :0  :oops:  :suspect:

Jeff

Ever seen Smithys VX in action  :0  :0  :devil:

Errrr Quick ain't the word   :cool:

And most of the BEC's in the Speed Series (on sticky 1B tyres rememeber) rarely seem to be able to finish ahead of arm, who's in a Vx on non sticky 1A's...

so.......

what about a zetec and vx :blush:  :devil:  :sheep:  :0  :oops:  :suspect:

Jeff

Ever seen Smithys VX in action  :0  :0  :devil:

Errrr Quick ain't the word   :cool:

Yeh , there is no doubt in my mind a half sorted car engine would be quicker than a busa top end, Ive struggled against a couple of cec"s once I get over 100mph, nowt like a big lump of torque to get a car moving, standard busa struggles higher in the speeds. :(

fwiw Ive seen some very quick vx and  duratec powered westys in action,  :cool:  :cool:

And most of the BEC's in the Speed Series (on sticky 1B tyres rememeber) rarely seem to be able to finish ahead of arm, who's in a Vx on non sticky 1A's...

And the speed series or sprinting should not be the judge to determine optimum performance or better equipment :p  :bangshead:

Nor should racing. As we all know, you need to put the same driver in each car, on the same track on the same day with the same tyres in order to determine whats fastest. But why let good practice get in the way of winding up the BEC boys?.

we"ll have to see if the Stigs got a spare hour or so  ;)  :D  :D

straight line drag over 1/4 mile I think a busa would do pretty  well, lack of torque gives very good traction quickgear  change etc but  I think over 1/2 mile it would be a very different result  ???