Narrow bodied trailering cover

juansolo

On the extreme offchance that someone has a car similar enough for mine to work with this cover, I'm offering it up here.  The cover was made by Thoroughbred Covers in Leeds.  It's made from their SW10 waterproof stretch fabric which has a soft inner lining used specifically for trailering covers. Conforms extremely well to the vehicle shape and is strong enough to withstand the wind pressures experienced during towing.

Now then this is where it gets interesting...  It was made to measure for my car which is a narrow bodied SE with RAC roll bar, aeroscreen, SPA mirrors, 7" lamps, and zorst on the right.  I have no doubt it will stretch around different seats as the material is amazingly stretchy, same for the aeroscreen. It might be a little baggy around the lamps if you've got smaller ones...  But the mirrors will definately be an issue as it was tight around them in the first place.  Wether you just cut the mirror 'mittens' off or whatever, you'll definately have to do something...

I'll post up some old pictures of the cover on the car tonight.  Once strapped up it doesn't balloon and you can tow at some silly speeds no problem at all.  I no longer use it as I now have a covered trailer and have different mirrors on the car and it no longer fits over them.  The cover cost me £280 and comes in a carrying bag.

If anyone thinks they can use this or mod it to fit their Westy then give me £40 and it's yours.

Pictures to follow...

EDIT:  SOLD!

Cheers mate I am basically looing for a waterproof cover for trailering and parking over night at events etc

Do you have Paypal and where are you ?

Cover is with the car in Emley near Huddersfield.  I don't have PayPal but have a friend that does who's account you could sent it to.

One thing I will say is that this is an unfeasably stretchy cover and it fits *very* tight so it doesn't balloon under towing.  Just something to bear in mind as it isn't something you can just throw over the car, it takes about 5 mins with practice to fit it and strap it all up.  Takes about 30 secs to take it all off mind.

I don't have PayPal but have a friend that does who's account you could sent it to.

He may have a mate that does :p

Doh ! didn't see that, one small problem how stretchy is this cover as I currently have a wind screen not aero ???

Ain't no way it'll go over a windscreen, it's stretched pretty much as much as it'll stretch over my car.  As I say, it was made to measure and it's a very tight fit so it doesn't balloon.

Bronco, if Slippy doesn't want it, it's yours.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.