Megajolt lite

kipford

Have decided to go Megajolt rather than buying a new dizzy and ignition system.

Just about to go and get the parts, but before I do I have a question for the experts on the PC interface.

I have access to two laps:

1. My new works all singing all dancing machine with oodles of ram etc running XP profeesional, BUT no serial port.

2. An ancient Thinkpad running windows 95 which is very slow but has a serial port.

I know you can USB to serial adaptors, but recall seeing problems with these and Megajolt not being able to communicate with the PC through them.

Can anyone give some advise on what to do.

regards

Dave

I've always used a usb to serial converter with my megajolt and previous car.

I also use the same serial converter now with the new ECU software I've got too.

Nothing to be worried about at all - just that you might need to change what com port its emulating on the PC (in device manager) as it might put it on a high one (com7 for eg) - must be emulating com1 to com4, then the software will see it.

HTH

Will  :)